Widgets Magazine

Thread: Shower remodel recommendation

1. Default Shower remodel recommendation

Anyone out there had a great experience with a company/individual in Edmond for such a project? I am looking for someone insured and licensed here in the state please.

Default Re: Shower remodel recommendation

Plumb-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Anyone out there had a great experience with a company/individual in Edmond for such a project? I am looking for someone insured and licensed here in the state please.
    Please be more specific. Do you mean that your tile is falling off the wall? Is the grout all discolored? Are you just tired of what is there? And a very important question is was the house built about the time of the Penn Square Bank failure and the oil bust? If it was I will explain your problem further.

We've used Kregger's Floors and more twice. They do fantastic work at a reasonable price.

Kreggers Floors & More, Edmond, OK : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    Please be more specific. Do you mean that your tile is falling off the wall? Is the grout all discolored? Are you just tired of what is there? And a very important question is was the house built about the time of the Penn Square Bank failure and the oil bust? If it was I will explain your problem further.
    Please explain further, I'm curious.....

I know what USG '60 means. My sister and her husband live in Copper Creek in Edmond everything from the foundation to the rafters is sh sh sh T. They have had a brick gable fall on cars. Piers put in. New windows, garage door, tile and cabinet hardware. The whole house is trash. I will keep my 64 model.

Quote Originally Posted by MEvans View Post
    Please explain further, I'm curious.....
    The oil boom created a housing boom with the predecessors of McMansions. They were growing like weeds. After Penn Square, of course, the builders had hundreds of houses started and no more potential buyers. To try to save their butts they finished the ones they had started by cutting corners in unforgivable ways. The most horrible thing they did was to use standard sheet rock for their showers and tub surrounds and particle board for kitchen counter tops. Most of my work in '83 and '84 were redoing those things in houses in Edmond. While working on one, a neighbor would sign me up. I couldn't get out of Edmond to go back working in Heritage Hills and Crown Heights, my usual haunts and much closer to home.

Last year I was called in to assess a serious problem in one of Edmonds nicer McMansions (8 years old.) Things were "pulling apart" in the master bath and it looked like the slab was sinking. But I finally established that the outside brick wall was bowing out causing the problems. I soon discovered that the house had been put together with spit and school paste. Edmond will probably be slums in 20 years. It breaks my heart that that money was invested in SIZE instead of quality. And again we have our housing bust. Just plain heart-breaking.

bison construction

514-6557

very experienced with outstanding recommendations

Thread Information