Widgets Magazine

Thread: Little River Zoo

Default Little River Zoo

Hi, I have not been to the little river zoo in about 5 years, has it changed or gotten larger, and big animals? Last time the big thing was the black bear I believe. I tried the web site but the web site is not working? Any help would be great, Spring is coming and I am looking for outside activities for the kids

Default Re: Little River Zoo

Hi Jesseda,

I went with my son's kindergarten class two years ago. I had a really fun time. I remember they hand carried some large snakes out for the kids to see and the monkeys were entertaining. I think it would be an excellent decision to take the kids there this spring. They also have a picnic area (in the shade), that you can take a break and feed the kids. I plan on going this year with my children as well. Arbuckle Wilderness is a great place to take the kids as well if you haven't been. You actually get to feed some of the animals from your car!
    When it rains it pours... but when the blessings come they overflow!

I haven't been in a while, but I know they have camp outs quite often. If you check the local metrofamily guide or the childrens directories they usually have those dates listed. I think staying overnight and having free reign would be fun somewhere like that.

I was thinking of taking my gchildren this week. I am sure that they will probably be very busy what with Spring Break...I tried going to their Web Site, but it is down...So I looked around for prices and stuff and found one place where they said..Adults 5.00 and Children 4.00
    Is this about right????

5. Default Re: Little River Zoo

Thanks for mentioning this place. I went years ago on a field trip with one of my sons and I am sure they would love to go again.

Thread Information