Widgets Magazine

Thread: light switch covers??

Question light switch covers??

I want to buy some pretty/interesting/unique lightswitch covers. I hate the cheap little plastic ones that are in my house now. Are there any funky little shops that might sell something like that? I've found a lot online, but I want to see them in person before buying to make sure that they'll actually fit.

Default Re: light switch covers??

i was looking myself a few months ago and struck out. -M

3. Default Re: light switch covers??

Architectural antique stores would probably be your best bet (after the Internet). I'm guessing there also has to be some artists that make some funky one's.

I think because of the specialty nature of them and the price of such specialty items it would be pretty hard for a store to stock them in any kind of variety.

Not really sure what this has to do with Edmond...I'd go look online.

Try Lighting Concepts or Designer Hardware. Both located in north Okc.

There is someone who is at the Oklahoma City Community College Festival of the Arts every year who sells some really cool ones....might be able to look at the program from this year and find them....

Also Vegan, you may surprise yourself by making them yourself. Leftover, or spare wallpaper, border, etc. works great and it is easy to do, just glue it on. That way you can make it how you like it! Have fun!

I HAVE looked online. The problem is that I cannot tell by looking at the pictures if they are flat-backed or concave or whether or not the switch opening is too big.

My students scoff at my stick people. I don't think I'm up to creating lightswitch covers that are able to even nod at beauty passing by.

I've somewhat abandoned my lightswitch cover search in favor of ripping out my bathtub and putting in a shower stall so that my rapidly aging dog has a place for his emergency pees. He was trained as a pup to pee on the bathroom floor, but that was in Korea where the floor had a drain and one showered directly on it. Clean-up was a cinch. He's thirteen and REALLY doesn't want to go out when it's cold and I think it's also getting harder for him to hold it until I get back from work.

Thank you for all your ideas, everyone. Once I've got this current mess straightened out, I'll be looking up this thread again.

Something like this perhaps?

Actually, ummmmmm no. I was thinking of something a bit more pg-13.

You might try "dead people's stuff" (actual name of the business) located somewhere around 16th and Virginia.

^^ Near Linwood and Virginia, they are only open a few days a week and for limited hours on those days.

yup... i wanna say thursday, friday, saturday. very cool place. -M

I've no idea of the costs involved, but perhaps if you want something you won't find elsewhere, you can contact local artists Nicole & Jason Moan.
    http://www.nicolemoan.com/index.php?...#/Gallery/Tile

Maybe you could try making your own with the polymer clay products they sell at Hobby Lobby and Michael's? People are doing some great stuff with the Polymer Clay. There's a young woman here in the OKC Metro area who is quite crafty with the polymer clay. Her Internet persona is "Crafty Goat". She has a website offering some of her works. Maybe you should commission the crafty goat or something? I feel strange saying Crafty Goat.

Thread Information