Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll Tide !!!

Default Roll Tide !!!

Go Bama and Boomer Sooner....

Default Re: Roll Tide !!!

forever a Sooners fan! even though it would be good for the conference, i'll never root for texas. ROLL TIDE!!!

Blow Tide!! Low Tide!! (I am a Sooner fan in SEC country.)

I live in Arlington, TX. My two favorite teams are the OU Sooners, and whoever is playing the Tex-Ass LongWhores. Roll Tide!

Rick

All I hear around here is how much better the SEC is than the Big XII. Texas is not my team but, they ain't in the Southwestern Conference anymore.

End of the 1st half,ALA-24 tex-6!!!! Colt Mccoy knocked out! ROOOOOOOOLL TIDE!!

I am enjoying it, the streets down here will be filled with tears.....and Sixth Street will be filled with puke.

For all the Tex-Ass fans who cheered their ass off when Bradford was knocked out of the OU-TX game: Karma is a bitch!

Rick

I feel so sorry for Colt, he's a really good kid...

But MAN am I enjoying this game! I love for nothing more than coach clap clap to loose that stupid smirk

EDIT: Off topic but did anyone see Lee Corso? He sounded like he had a few drinks right before the halftime show.
    Last edited by adaniel; 01-07-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: add

Unhappy Re: Roll Tide !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Oh dang, now I feel bad

I vaguely remembered something about it at the start of the season, so I looked it up after the first GameDay that I saw this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    End of the 1st half,ALA-24 tex-6!!!! Colt Mccoy knocked out! ROOOOOOOOLL TIDE!!
    Do I not understand something or are you happy that a player got hurt?

Some cheered in the Cotton Bowl when Sam was knocked out of the game and I heard some crap about "karma" down here after last season. Looks like it may have come back on them.

It's too bad Colt got knocked out but as I heard all season after the injuries piled up for OU this season...that's football.

Kind of hard to win without your starting QB. However, the coaches are losing this game for Texas.

I guess that some people would be glad that OU had injuries this season. I don't.. I don't wish injuries on anyone.
    Last edited by gen70; 01-07-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: add

well I might have spoke to soon its 24-21 Bama in the 4th w/ 6 min left!

Make that 37-21...

Thank you Alabama

19. Default Re: Roll Tide !!!

They whined about not being able to play in the Big 12 Champ last year, and they will for sure whine about losing this game.

Colt and Sam are friends and they do text each other. Latest inside scoop....

"Back at ya, sucker!" Sam texted to Colt minutes after the injury. Oh what a world!

Proud of both Colt and Sam for having a competitiveness as well as a friendship.

21. Default Re: Roll Tide !!!

Roll Tide! Tuck Fexas for sure. Brown pissed and moan and now it's come back to bite him in the rear just as it should.

na ne na ne boo boo...

MadMonk Guest

I feel bad for McCoy as he does seem to be a decent kid, but I sure enjoyed watching Texas lose the NC. I don't know which is worse, losing your star QB at the start of the season or in the championship game.

I guesss I'm in the minority. Although I'm a HUGE OU fan and long time season ticket holder, and to be truthful beating Texsux makes my year, but last night I wanted Texas to win. I always pull for conference teams in bowl games.....for conference pride. I hated hearing the S E C, S E C chants starting as early as the third quarter. The SEC has now won 6 f the last 7 national cahmpionships. The big XII is 1-4 in BCS championship games over that same period.

The SEC and their ass kissing network ESPN can now claim with little arguing that they are the best conference in college football....that might be true. But I'd like to say the Big XII is pretty good, why anyone would root against our confrence is hard to concieve. Even if its Texas they are rooting against. I want OSU and Texas to be the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the country....as long as OU beats them. And OU almost beat Texas with a backup QB this year. We outgained them, outplayed them, but lost. I'd rather lose to the eventual national champions tham to an also ran. Plus I'd rather OU have more national Championships than anyone else.....Alabama winning this year doesn't help. Theres a chart below listing NC winners since 1936.

For those of you that are happy that Colt got injured........you are no better than those Texas fans who cheered when Sam got hurt. Colt is a fine kid and a great qb. He's also someones son. Do you cheer when anyone elses son gets injured playing sports and having thier lifetime dream wiiped away in one hit? Maybe thats whats wrong with society today.

Congratulations to Alabama for winning the game.....but I don't think we'll ever know who the best team in the coutry was this year. That killed the game for me. With a healthy Colt Mccoy the score could have been much much different. Perhaps Texas would have blown the tide out of the stadium. Maybe not, we'll never know.

You got to feel bad for Gilbert. That freshamn has a lot on his shoulders today. Maybe thats Macks fault for not playing him more during the season. Next year should be interesting in the big XII. No Colt Mccoy, no Sam Bradford, no Zac Robinson. no Ndamukong Suh at Nebraska. Sounds like a pretty even playing field.

Any predictions for next season in the Big XII? Nebraska will still have an awesome defense, OU will have landry with a few games under his belt but a very tough schedule (though OU does not play Nebraska in 2010), and Texas will have Gilbert........I hope. Now that My rant against all the Texas haters are done I'll prepare for next year

School Championships Seasons
    Alabama 8 1961, 1964, 1965 (AP), 1973 (Coaches), 1978 (AP), 1979, 1992, 2009
    Notre Dame 8 1943, 1946, 1947, 1949, 1966, 1973 (AP), 1977, 1988
    Oklahoma 7 1950, 1955, 1956, 1974 (AP), 1975, 1985, 2000
    USC 7 1962, 1967, 1972, 1974 (Coaches), 1978 (Coaches), 2003 (AP), 2004
    Miami 5 1983, 1987, 1989, 1991 (AP), 2001
    Nebraska 5 1970 (AP), 1971, 1994, 1995, 1997 (Coaches)
    Ohio State 5 1942, 1954 (AP), 1957 (Coaches), 1968, 2002
    Minnesota 4 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
    Texas 4 1963, 1969, 1970 (Coaches), 2005
    Florida 3 1996, 2006, 2008
    LSU 3 1958, 2003 (Coaches), 2007

I mighta rooted for Texas, but nobody likes me well enough to take me out and get me so stinking tanked my brain could be fooled into rootin' for the Horns

Thread Information