Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pho Tai Phoshow

1. Default Pho Tai Phoshow

So who has the best Pho in the metro-???? is it Pho Saigon.. or Pho 89, Pho 2000.. Phoboulas..... Mr Pho.. Pho Hoa.... I really think MR PHO is great.. -

Default Re: Pho Tai Phoshow

Phobolous hands down...they are the most clean and most consistent. Their bowl is 9 out of 10 times consistent in taste and presentation.

I just saw a new PHO place open up on Classen the other day. I forget the name of it.

Phobolous and Mr. Pho are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I just saw a new PHO place open up on Classen the other day. I forget the name of it.
    It's prolly nasty.

I really like Mr. Pho. It's clean and consistent and their non-pho food is good too (for my wife)

The broth is the key.

My name is Kim and I am a Pho addict.

Pho Hoa

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    My name is Kim and I am a Pho addict.

Pho Hoa

Pho Hoa is the worst offender of BAD SERVICE, cleanliness (they have the highest HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS), and their broth is fatty!!!!

A good clean bowl of pho has less than 7g of fat in it, provided you only order the RARE STEAK.

I've never had fatty broth there and always had great service. Where do you like to go 6?

Smile Re: Pho Tai Phoshow

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    I've never had fatty broth there and always had great service. Where do you like to go 6?

Mr. Pho (Super Cao Nguyen shopping plaza)used to be the reigning champ of cleanliness, taste consistency, and service but they have dropped the ball slightly in the taste consistency. Sometimes you get a pretty salty bowl of soup and sometimes the broth contains fat at the stop of the surface..but those are rare occasions. 7/10 times the bowl is delicious. This is where I go during the work week since it is near.

Phobolous (Edmond on broadway) is the new champion in my opinion. The customer service, cleanliness texture (thinly sliced meats, onions, chives), seasonings, consistency, and contemporary environment (helps bring in the white folks/non-asian customer base) prove it is the new undisputed champion. 9/10 times the bowl is delicious and perfect. This is where I PREFER to go.

btw, I used to frequent Pho Hoa..but that was more than 3 years ago. I have banned it after 20 something bad customer service incidents with the last 2 incidents being the FINAL AND MAJOR straws.

All this talk about pho is making me hungry and craving it!

It's sort of ironic listening to you guys complain about health violations and pho. The two sort of go and hand and hand.

Last year, we used to leave the club in Ho Chi Minh City and head straight for the 3am pho stand in the street. The best pho you could ever eat.....but you'd have to share the sidewalk with the rats.

No health department in Vietnam, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetNSourPoke View Post
    It's sort of ironic listening to you guys complain about health violations and pho. The two sort of go and hand and hand.

Last year, we used to leave the club in Ho Chi Minh City and head straight for the 3am pho stand in the street. The best pho you could ever eat.....but you'd have to share the sidewalk with the rats.

No health department in Vietnam, as far as I know.

yeah, but we're here in the United States...so we need to adhere to the standards here. You're comparing a 3rd world country to living conditions and quality of life over here. I still prefer the clean environment...You can have your cake and eat it, too. =)

I could seriously eat Pho for every meal.

14. Default Re: Pho Tai Phoshow

Pho Hoa has like 40+ health violations where Mr Pho has like next to nothing. since were talking about fatty soup.. I think Pho 89 gets the award for fatty pho. Just look at the top of the soup bowl and make your own judgement. Also does anyone know of any other places we have not mentioned. I'd like to try them out.. I also tried out Pho Tai at the Golden Palace and it was decent and fresh and hot.. obviously its a buffet but it was not bad for them.

BRad-

my favorite place for PHO is TASTY THAI. they also serve the best Chili's baby back ribs, and Whoppers, all for an affordable price, and top of the line service. 5 STARS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1807 View Post
    I really like Mr. Pho. It's clean and consistent and their non-pho food is good too (for my wife)

The broth is the key.

hehe is your wife caucasion, Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by 6string79 View Post
    hehe is your wife caucasion, Andy?
    she's not too bad. she can make due with vegetable fried rice and about half the time she gets Pho, but she's not as die hard about it as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1807 View Post
    she's not too bad. she can make due with vegetable fried rice and about half the time she gets Pho, but she's not as die hard about it as I am.

Word. Well I'm dating this Bulgarian chick and she is a pho enthusiast..she claims it's her favorite food. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TastyThaiBurgers View Post
    my favorite place for PHO is TASTY THAI. they also serve the best Chili's baby back ribs, and Whoppers, all for an affordable price, and top of the line service. 5 STARS!!!!
    Dude, you keep referring to "Whoppers" at these Pho places. What's up with Whoppers and Chili's baby back ribs? Do these places order ribs at Chilis and whoppers at Burger King and re-sell them, or do they just offer their own version of these items?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Dude, you keep referring to "Whoppers" at these Pho places. What's up with Whoppers and Chili's baby back ribs? Do these places order ribs at Chilis and whoppers at Burger King and re-sell them, or do they just offer their own version of these items?

I think those guys are just being clowns..hijacking my homeboy's thread. What kind of f*cking place called Tasty Thai would offer whoppers and chili's baby back ribs...lol Tasty thai should offer pad thai and cute thai girls....not freakin whoppers with cheeeeese!

Man... yall needa stop hating on the Tasty Thai.... you haven't tasted a REAL WHOPPER until you've dined at the Tasty Thai. located conveniently at the corner of MLK and SE 15th Street. Come now, come often, come again.

Quote Originally Posted by TastyThaiBurgers View Post
    Man... yall needa stop hating on the Tasty Thai.... you haven't tasted a REAL WHOPPER until you've dined at the Tasty Thai. located conveniently at the corner of MLK and SE 15th Street. Come now, come often, come again.

Bullsh*t! I looked that sh*t up on infospace.com and the yellow pages. It doesn't even exist. Quit making up crap.

Quote Originally Posted by 6string79 View Post
    Bullsh*t! I looked that sh*t up on infospace.com and the yellow pages. It doesn't even exist. Quit making up crap.
    My bad..i just saw a flyer posted for it on the bulletin board outside my office. How crazy is that lol.

Tasty Wins Again!

Quote Originally Posted by TastyThaiRibs View Post
    Tasty Wins Again!

My bro said that place tastes like sh*t.

Thread Information