Widgets Magazine

Thread: Red Dirt Burrito Co.

1. Mid-Del Red Dirt Burrito Co.

The new shopping center in Del City on Sooner Rd. (between SE 29 and Tinker Diagonal) is finally coming along enough that some of the soon-to-be tenants have put their signage up.

Looks like a nail salon, Check Ur Alibi (sports bar), a liquor store and at least one restaurant..... Red Dirt Burrito Company.

Here's what I found when I went Googling...

1.) Owner - Jeremiah Lindsey

Here's what the owner says about the place.... "Fast casual Mexican Food with the flagship store opening in Del City, OK off I-40 and Sooner Road in November of 2012. All of our food will be made fresh daily and will consist of tacos, burritos, quasadillas, taco bowls, and an assortment of sauces and salsas. We are planning on opening the store in Del City in 2012 followed by a store in Tulsa, OK in 2013. Franchising RDB in 2014 outside of Oklahoma and across the US is our long term strategy."

Appears Jeremiah Lindsey also co-owns the Check Ur Alibi and the Broken Arrow location of Compadres Mexican Grill - been open since 2005, but for whatever reason, their website is a no go. The BA location scores an 80% (as of this posting) on Urban Spoon.

This is close to my house, so I'll have to put it on my "to check out" list.

Default Re: Red Dirt Burrito Co.

Odd location for a "flagship" store.

Odd name for a food purveyor.
    (but they are low in calories and high in mineral content . . .)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Odd name for a food purveyor.
    (but they are low in calories and high in mineral content . . .)
    Red Dirt Burritos ... Gittin' Down to the Nitty Gritty

=) ^^^

"With a Name Like 'Red Dirt' They Gotta Be Good."
    (Smuckers is filing the copyright infringement paperwork tomorrow.)
    (Jeremiah Weed and The City of Lindsey are waiting until after Labor Day.)

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band will be the house band.

7. Default Re: Red Dirt Burrito Co.

Both new venues (Red Dirt Burrito and Check Ur Alibi) have had ZERO progress since posting their signs on the building and doing some initial build-out months ago (like almost a year ago!)

I noticed the owner has changed the name of the Tulsa Check Ur Alibi to "Whiskey Dog Bar & Grill" (IMO he comes up with the worst names ever for his venues). Funny though, on his Facebook page he actually refers to it as "Whistle Dog" instead of "Whiskey Dog" - I don't think this guy knows what he's doing. https://www.facebook.com/CheckUrAlibi

The Facebook page for RDB hasn't been updated by the page owner since last September - visitors to the page have posted concerns about when/if its ever going to open - those concerns have gone un-replied to.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-D...38931586223790

I have a feeling the signs will comes down eventually and the place will remain vacant. I imagine the building owners are simply leaving it as-is so it looks like the building is filling up so as to fool prospective tenants into leasing space "before its all gone."

The liquor store in the same building recently reduced their leased space by at least 50% and at least two additional retail stores have come and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Both new venues (Red Dirt Burrito and Check Ur Alibi) have had ZERO progress since posting their signs on the building and doing some initial build-out months ago (like almost a year ago!)

The liquor store in the same building recently reduced their leased space by at least 50% and at least two additional retail stores have come and gone.
    I was at Discount Tire earlier today. There is now a sign up for something called Hungry Howie's Pizza where the liquor store used to be.

I think the bar and taco place are dead. Looks like the owners (Compadres in Tulsa) are on their way out of business. I heard a rumor of leasing to Freebirds but not sure if that's in the ugly building or in the not yet finished Hal Smith building to the north.

Find Your Store | Hungry Howie's Pizza

Hungry Howies is showing a location here already on its website....

Picked up a burrito from Red Dirt Burrito tonight. I had fajita chicken with cheese, cilantro rice, black beans and mango salsa. Quality was very good and taste was above average, but perhaps a bit salty. Tortilla was very fresh. I also had a chips and queso side....Amarillo queso was extremely good and tasted like it was made with real cheese. Chips were thin style and quite good.

Next visit I'll probably try the shredded beef and try one of the flavored tortillas and the corn salsa.

I had the small burrito, which was plenty big. For the price difference, however, the large is probably worth it.

this place has been on lunch rotation for me since it's decent food and fairly convenient to get to. i tried to eat there on 12/29 and the front door had a homemade printed sign saying "closed until further notice." i thought it was possible that they were just closed for the holidays. i tried to grab some lunch there again today and no change... so this place may be gone for good. -M

12. Default Re: Red Dirt Burrito Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    this place has been on lunch rotation for me since it's decent food and fairly convenient to get to. i tried to eat there on 12/29 and the front door had a homemade printed sign saying "closed until further notice." i thought it was possible that they were just closed for the holidays. i tried to grab some lunch there again today and no change... so this place may be gone for good. -M
    Hate to hear that.... I preferred them to Chipotle and Qdoba.

All already closed last of 2014 or 2015.

I have no idea about the accuracy of this information, but according to 5 Pound Burrito - defunct - 5 lb. burrito - Del City, OK - Red Dirt Burrito Co. | EatFeats, it appears they may have closed because their sales tax permit was revoked.

Thread Information