Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mr. Burrito OKC off of Reno

Default Mr. Burrito OKC off of Reno

This is my first post so I thought I would contribute with a review!

I started a new job in OKC two weeks ago and my fellow coworkers suggested I try a place close by called Mr. Burrito. It is a very simple, clean place with Mexican music playing in the background. The food is ordered in the same fashion as Chipotle. The burritos are offered in a medium size or large. The large is a little larger then a chipotle burrito and you can get chicken, pork steak or shredded beef. They have a few different salsa's, diced tomatoes, onions, shredded cheese, potatoes, rice and queso cheese. I got a large chicken and fell in love! No more chipotle or qdoba for me. The meats are not too spicey so if you are like me and like flavor but not heartburn you can enjoy these burritos with no worries. This is a small operation with three employees usually working with two of them being the owners. The large chicken burrito cost $5.25 and the smaller burrito that is probably more reasonable for most appetites is $4.50. They also offer nachos, tacos, burrito bowls, quesadillas, enchilada plates, etc.... I would highly recommend them to those of you that like to go to mom and pop shops that are locally owned. I got the address if anyone is interested...I would love to hear if you guys feel the same about the food!

900 W Reno 73106 right next door to the Shell station on the corner.
    phone # is 405-228-4080. If you happen to have Brian take your order, tell him you read a review from Ryan who works at the Vittoria warehouse...maybe I will get a free burrito out of the deal! lol

Default Re: Mr. Burrito OKC off of Reno

Welcome to the circus, okbjjpurple! Great review, now I'm hungry lol. Guess that's what I get for skipping breakfast & reading the posts in the food forum before lunch!

lol...thanks...hope you had a good lunch then.

I went to lunch there today with a friend of mine from work. They have some of the best guacamole I've ever eaten but I was quite disappointed in the burrito. I got the shredded beef, rice, beans, and potatoes topped with salsa and queso and it seemed to be very dry.

Friendly service, good atmosphere, however (with the exception of the superb guacamole) the food seemed to be sub-par.

Sorry if you feel I led you astray lol....
    I have eaten there probably twice a week for the past two months and I have had one "dry" incident and couldn't figure out the cause of it. I just chalked it up as a freak accident. I usually get the chicken so I can't really say anything about the beef. I typically dont get salsa anymore due to an old man gut and just stick to pico, cheese, potatoes, beans, chicken and rice.

I still think this is one of the best places to go for lunch based on its proximity to my work and great prices, and oh yes the guacamole is green crack...so good.

I love this place, I've never been, but they deliver to where I work downtown. Really fast delivery also.

7. Default Re: Mr. Burrito OKC off of Reno

Ate there once. Had to park where I could keep an eye on my car as the parking lot was full of homeless people. The only thing scarier than the loiterers was the guy working security.

Can't remember the name of the burrito, but I do remember it was bad enough I won't be going back. Very chewy and bland. My fear would be they don't do enough business to keep the ingredients fresh.

Thread Information