Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 94.7's new format

Default 94.7's new format

Completely sucks. It's another version of the KATT. If I wanted to listen to the KATT, I would turn my radio to 100.5. Whoever is the new program director needs to be fired.

2. Default Re: 94.7's new format

I have not been in my car for a week or so before today and as I am driving up the road when I hear a Led Zeppelin song on the radio. I think to myself, who's been in my car messing with my radio? So I hit the preset to 94.7 and I'll be danged if they weren't the one playing that worn out 40 year old hippie crap music.

I got tired of hearing Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and Boston played ad nauseum on the radio and I have listened to The Buzz for the past few years to escape that. So if they want to play the old crap, then that will be another station I will quit listening to.

Time to load up the MP3 player I guess.

3. Default Re: 94.7's new format

When the Buzz first came out in the early 2000's, I was soooooo happy to find a station that would play my favorite alt-rock pieces--Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc...I've still got them on my dial in the car, but I only stop by and usually move on within a few seconds. Usually all I hear is crazy guitar riffs and drum solos so I'm out.
    Still corrupting young minds

Default Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by rkjg24 View Post
    Completely sucks. It's another version of the KATT. If I wanted to listen to the KATT, I would turn my radio to 100.5. Whoever is the new program director needs to be fired.
    Get Sirius XM and listen to Octane. If anyone is interested, I know how to get a 1 year subscription for $77. I'm on my second year at this rate. Just takes some persistence. There are many ways of doing this that are available online, but here is the one I used.

How to get the discounted $77.00 annual fee once the 3-month tirial expires. Having sorted through all of the posts, and having just had an easy, successful renewal experience, I thought it might be a good idea to start a fresh thread.

o Situation: My three-month trial expires a month from now, and I received the normal renewal notice last week (no discounts mentioned).

o Phone number - This is key! Thanks to Joe (and others), I learned that it's best not to call the renewal number they provide on the renewal notice. Rather, do call: (800) 732-6360.

o What to tell them - I said: "I am a Honda Ridgeline owner and just received my notice that the 3-month free trial period will expire in a few weeks. I'm also a member of the Ridgeline Owners Club, and I understand that you are making available to us a special offer of $77.00 for an annual renewal."

o What they said - The agent said: "That's correct, please hold while I set up your renewal." After a short wait, he confirmed that it was all set and asked if I wanted to pay by credit card or receive a bill in the mail. Taking no chances, I paid by credit card. He then confirmed that my card had been charged for $77.00 and that my renewal period was for one year

5. Default Re: 94.7's new format

That would be lovely if my 12+ year old car radio could handl it

They've changed formats again??

Thought they just did a few months ago already.

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    That would be lovely if my 12+ year old car radio could handl it
    Sounds like it's time for Mid to spring for a new car radio for you on your bday.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    Get Sirius XM and listen to Octane. If anyone is interested, I know how to get a 1 year subscription for $77. I'm on my second year at this rate. Just takes some persistence. There are many ways of doing this that are available online, but here is the one I used.
    How do you get the free 3 months promotion? I have a XM unit, but haven't used it in a year or more. I didn't see anything on their website how to get free 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    How do you get the free 3 months promotion? I have a XM unit, but haven't used it in a year or more. I didn't see anything on their website how to get free 3 months.
    I think you can only get the free trial when you buy a new vehicle. I got mine when I got my Ridgeline in 08.

10. Default Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Sounds like it's time for Mid to spring for a new car radio for you on your bday.
    Why would I put a new car radio in a 12 year old car? I don't drive around that much, anyway.

I believe that they should just switch formats, like maybe a simulcast of KTOK, (that would work in OKC), or something else, their ratings are not that great, and it hasn't been for a long time, I remember back when it was KEBC and playing country, the stations had good ratings and everything.

12. Default Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    Get Sirius XM and listen to Octane.
    the best radio on radio. all i can say is thank god for octane, local crap sucks.

13. Default Re: 94.7's new format

it may have to do with the fact that most top 40 music is now electronic or urban based.

all OKC radio sucks, its been that way since 95X went away back in the mid 90's. The BUZZ was mediocre before this format change, now its probably downright insulting.

I have XM in the new car, will have to try that out when my 3 months is up. Thanks for the tip!

local radio is a joke if youre an "adventurous" music listener like me, or simply dont get excited by country, classic rock, or pop/R&B anymore. SiriusXM is the way to go. im probably in the minority, but i miss OSUs college radio station The SPY.

Quote Originally Posted by narrowexpanded View Post
    local radio is a joke if youre an "adventurous" music listener like me, or simply dont get excited by country, classic rock, or pop/R&B anymore. SiriusXM is the way to go. im probably in the minority, but i miss OSUs college radio station The SPY.
    what happened to the SPY? I was picking up something from Stillwater (93.7)this past week or two that it has been overcast....though it wasn't what i remembered of the SPY because it had hints and flashes of KJ103 or KISS FM. But it was better than those two, albeit not by leaps and bounds.

Typically if im listening to XM its alt nation or first wave.

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    all OKC radio sucks, its been that way since 95X went away back in the mid 90's. The BUZZ was mediocre before this format change, now its probably downright insulting.

I have XM in the new car, will have to try that out when my 3 months is up. Thanks for the tip!
    I agree that all OKC radio sucks.

FYI..those of you with a 3G iPhone...download Pandora...create a station based on your favorite band/bands...plug it into your car and go!

I use pandora in that car all the time.

18. Default Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by narrowexpanded View Post
    for 1 day a week at midnight for about an hour the katt turns into spy radio.
    thought you might want to know. dont ask me what day, i havent listend in a long time since i got sirius. on another note. do any of you who have sirius listen to covino and rich?

I listened to Octane when I had Dish Network, and it was awesome.

I think it's kind of funny how they had those "This is not Buzz rock" commercials insulting the old rock, and yet, they're playing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by rkjg24 View Post
    I think it's kind of funny how they had those "This is not Buzz rock" commercials insulting the old rock, and yet, they're playing it now.
    Buzz Rock is now Butt Rock? Say it ain't so!

When I was at lunch today, I heard better alternative stuff on the KATT The Buzz was too busy playing (right in a row) Ozzy, old Metallica, and some other oldie that I didn't bother identifying. I don't really have a problem with that kind of music, but we've already got one station for that....don't want it on another.

Tuned in for about an hour now. Sounds like "Classic Alt" rather than "Fossil Rock"

Ferris does SPY Radio Thursdays @ Midnight on Rock 100.5 The KATT!

MySpace.com - ferris o'brien the radio Chapman - 74 - Male - OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - www.myspace.com/ferrisobrien2

has anybody upgraded to FM HD? Supposedly free, and I heard the KATT has at least 2 stations?

Okay honestly, it is time for a format change, the buzz is starting to suck worst and worst, playing the same crap as the KATT does over and over, their ratings are still low, Its just time for a change.......

Quote Originally Posted by theparkman81 View Post
    Okay honestly, it is time for a format change, the buzz is starting to suck worst and worst, playing the same crap as the KATT does over and over, their ratings are still low, Its just time for a change.......
    What other kind of station can we get in OKC that is not already worn out and overplayed. The problem with OKC radio is that three companies own the majority of the stations.

Let's run down the list shall we.....

92.5 KOMA The same worn out 60's 70's and 80's songs. KOMA was better when they still had 50's songs in the mix. Owned by Renda

93.3 Playing the same worn out country as KXY Owned by Clear Channel

94.7 Worn out new rock with a little bit of old rock. Owned by Clear Channel

96.1 Same worn out country music as KKNG. Owned by Tyler

96.9 Worn out classic rock and worn out 80's rock. Owned by Citadel

97.3 Worn out 70's 80's and 90's Rock and Pop. Owned by Tyler

98.1 Sports Talk In reality should be called OU and Golf Radio. Owned by Citadel

98.9 Worn out pop music loved by 35 year olds who still think they are 17. Owned by Citadel

100.5 Worn out Rock and Classic Rock Owned by Citadel

101.9 Worn out country music that plays rap music when the on air talent is talking on the air. Owned by Clear Channel

102.7 Worn Out Rap and Bubble Gum Pop Owned by Clear Channel

103.5 Worn out Rap and Worn out old school Owned by Perry

104.1 The crap soft rock station that always seems to be playing at the dentist office. I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled recently. I am still trying to determine what was worse the dental work or the crap music I was stuck listening to on 104.1 Owned by Renda.

104.9 Worn out Rap and DJ's that still think it is cool to be pushing 40 and hitting on high school girls. Owned by Citadel

107.7 Worn out classic rock for the 60 year olds who still smoke pot and wish they could have attended Woodstock. Owned by Renda

I had XM for a while and it was not any better. Same crap playing at the same time of day every day. If it was not for my IPOD, I think I would have given up every radio I own three months ago.

Thread Information