Widgets Magazine

Thread: Eskridge Honda

1. Default Eskridge Honda

I am seriously considering buying a 2005 Honda Civic, and have contacted Eskridge Honda about the possibility.

The gave me a price that really smokes, Plus, they were the only dealer that gave me every piece of information I requested. so, I want to investigate. Has anyone had any experiences with Eskridge? If so, what do you think?

I am planning on seeing them this Saturday.

2. Default Re: Eskridge Honda

My mother bought a 2005 Accord there this summer. She was incredibly pleased with the service. She didn't even visit the lot to buy since she lives in far southern OK but simply told them what she wanted and they special ordered it for her.

She has received many compliments on the car and is very happy with what she got.

Default Re: Eskridge Honda

We bought an Accord there about 4 or so years ago. We were pleased with the salesman (Rudy) but didn't know much about buying a car.

Unfortunately, they did not disclose to us that our used vehicle had been in a serious enough accident that it had had much of the body repaired and had been repainted - with a sub-par paint job that began to peel dramatically (we ended up having it repainted professionally at Bob Howard Body Shop).

Thankfully, other than the paint problem, our car has been very faithful and is still running excellently at over 100K miles. I've learned a lot about car dealers, how they do business and what I need to inform myself about buying a vehicle. The experience at Eskridge helped me know what not to do. Unfortunately in the car business, I have a feeling that the non-disclosure of accidents is pretty common.

My best advice for you if you are buying used is to go and look, write down VIN numbers and invest in a Car Fax Report from CarFax.com - it's well worth the $25 they charge.

Default Re: Eskridge Honda

My experience has been that the service is good until the car is sold and then the service goes downhill from there. The finance guy I worked with was squirrelly and a little too slick for my tastes. I ended up doing my own financing.

I've had a much better experience with Bob Howard.

5. Default Re: Eskridge Honda

When I got to Eskridge, the salesman did not honor anything I had been told in the internet quote, and he lied to me about the interest rate.

Well, guess what. He lost a sale to a Chevrolet dealer in Shawnee. Exact amount on the car, better interest and a payment 100.00 a month less than Eskridge quoted.

(continued on new thread)

6. Default Re: Eskridge Honda

Another Bait and Switch car dealer?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

7. Default Re: Eskridge Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Karried
    Another Bait and Switch car dealer?
    I do not think so. He just did not listen to his customer, thus losing a sale. Hudiburg may be an actual bait and switch. I am thinking about filing a complaint against them since I have the quote in writing.

8. Default Re: Eskridge Honda

I know Fowler Dodge did a Bait and Switch on us... it really pissed us off. We ended up going to Tulsa - can you believe that? It is rampant, advertising a vehicle or a price, then offering any excuse in the book not to honor the quoted price. It shouldn't be allowed.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

9. Default Re: Eskridge Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Karried
    I know Fowler Dodge did a Bait and Switch on us... it really pissed us off. We ended up going to Tulsa - can you believe that? It is rampant, advertising a vehicle or a price, then offering any excuse in the book not to honor the quoted price. It shouldn't be allowed.
    I will be frank, Karrie (then I will go back to being Mr. Anderson). I am not sure your case is bait and switch. However, when a dealer offers a price of 14,500 when the price averages 15,500 (after employee pricing), then says it was a mistake, I take a dim view to that. I am seriously considering filing a complaint with the motor vehicle commisison since I kept the email quote. When they say the vehicle will be there, and it is sold when you arrive, that may just be a salesperson setting false expectations. In other words, telling the prospect what that sales person thinks he or she wants to hear. When that happens to me, all it gets the salesperson is the smell of the rubber of my tires.

An honest man would have said "we are very sorry, it was an honest mistake, however we will honor the price." Hudiburg would have sold a car. Instead, they may be forced to cut me a check for the difference I paid at another dealer. I may even investigate for the possibility of a small claims suit charging misrepresentation.

Thread Information