Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Patrick Guest

Default American Idol

One of the singers voted off American Idol last week will be back for the competition this week. It appears Mario Vazquez had to leave the show! What a shame!

------------
    "Mario Vazquez drops out of 'American Idol'

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- "American Idol" finalist Mario Vazquez, citing "personal issues," withdrew from the talent competition Sunday, and producers of the Fox show called in the son of a baseball Hall of Famer as backup.

Fox bumped Nikko Smith, the son of baseball great Ozzie Smith, into Vazquez's spot because Smith got more votes than Travis Tucker when both were voted off Wednesday, the network said.

Now, viewers of the No. 1-rated series will get a chance to reconsider their votes as Smith and the other 11 finalists perform Tuesday at 8 p.m. EST. The show airs live to the East Coast and is tape-delayed on the West Coast.

Vazquez, 27, had been picked by many fans and three fellow finalists as a favorite to win the competition.

He told TV Guide's Web site that he dropped out to "take care of some personal issues with my family in New York. And with `Idol' being a live show, it just wouldn't have worked out schedule-wise."

Vazquez said his departure had nothing to do with Fox or the show itself.

"It's just a personal family thing," he told the Web site. "My family is my top priority."

Smith, 22, of St. Louis, said in an interview before Sunday's announcement that he wasn't surprised to have been voted off.

"I wasn't as disappointed as people thought I would be because I've made it so far," he told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "I'm happy to get all that exposure. Millions and millions of people watch the show, and hopefully somebody saw me and liked what they saw."

Following Fox's announcement, a relative of Smith told the Post-Dispatch the family had been asked not to speak about his callback. Smith was not available for comment.

Vazquez is not the first to leave "Idol" unexpectedly, though few have done so willingly. Last year, George Huff was called back to Los Angeles when contestant Donnie Williams was cited for DUI. And in 2003, three contestants were dropped by Fox, two for failing to disclose arrest records and another for posing on an adult-oriented Web site."

2. Default Re: American Idol

Anyone watching this notice how drunk Paula Abdul has appeared in the last few episodes. Some sources are reporting that she's back on pain meds for her chronic back problems, but old girl just comes across trashed.

Default Re: American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by Underling
    Anyone watching this notice how drunk Paula Abdul has appeared in the last few episodes. Some sources are reporting that she's back on pain meds for her chronic back problems, but old girl just comes across trashed.
    I watched a bit of it last week. Yeah, she's trashed. I know what trashed looks like, and she is it.

Keith Guest

Pain meds or not, she is still a knock out .

5. Default Re: American Idol

Oh. no doubt about that, Keith. She's still gorgeous. I just wish we cold understand her speech from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Underling
    Oh. no doubt about that, Keith. She's still gorgeous. I just wish we cold understand her speech from time to time.
    [ paula ]

Lisssssen.

That was great!

You ru-eally took that song and made it *hic* yours!

I could like see the notes and stuff.

It was wild man. Wild.

[ /paula ]

7. Default Re: American Idol

I wonder if we will see another scam like the Rubin Studdard-Clay Akeman fiasco. Clay clearly was the better of the two.

I do not watch this program, so I can not really comment on the talent... Or lack there of... With the exception noted and one other. (the guy that appeared on "Airline.")

Keith Guest

The chubby guy (can't remember his name), that sang the Hall and Oates song, needs to be sent home. He has no talent, and he is a very cocky individual. Somebody like that is definitely not an American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    The chubby guy (can't remember his name), that sang the Hall and Oates song, needs to be sent home. He has no talent, and he is a very cocky individual. Somebody like that is definitely not an American Idol.
    And he abused his ex-girlfriend. And that hair-lip crap is BS.

10. Default Re: American Idol

I can't believe that he wasn't voted off last night. There's no way he belongs in a competition that sent Nadia Turner home.

Well, I figured it would either be scott or nadia. Scott's next. Or maybe federov. Carrie's flyin' high!

Patrick Guest

Yeah, it's definitely time for Scott to go, although I really can't see Bo getting too much further either. I personally felt Nadia might have a shot, but unfortunately, she really blew her chances Tuesday night wit the wong she chose.

I hope our Oklahoma girl goes back to country or at least somthing slower....I didn't feel she did as well with fast pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Well, I figured it would either be scott or nadia. Scott's next. Or maybe federov. Carrie's flyin' high!
    Federov = Harry Potter

Patrick Guest

Well, looks like Anwar was knocked off Tuesday night. Who do you think will be knocked off next, and who do you think will be in the final 2?

I'm thinking Scott will be knocked off next, and I'm thinking Constantine and Vonzell will be in the final 2, with Carrie Underwood making the top 3, but being cut after that.
    If I had to guess at this point, I'd say Constantine will win! Although, obviously I'm going for a voting for Carrie!

Shows like American Idol are why I watch only the news and documentaries now.

16. Default Re: American Idol

I'm hoping Scott will be gone this next week, not sure how he's stayed on this long...such an attitude! Gangsta wanna be with the walk and look and then sings sappy love songs all the time. I can't even watch him when he sings, I do try to listen just to see if I'm wrong in my opinion, but I sure can't watch him.
    I've liked Constantine from the beginning, the other evening I did find myself getting sucked into that as Simon put it "Smoldering Idol" vibe he has going on...had to fan myself, once I stopped laughing at myself that is. lol
    Carrie is a powerhouse that has done Oklahoma proud(er) in my opinion and I really think (and hope) she'll be in the top two.
    Last edited by Patrick; 04-24-2005 at 11:35 PM.

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kellekokid
    I'm hoping Scott will be gone this next week, not sure how he's stayed on this long...such an attitude! Gangsta wanna be with the walk and look and then sings sappy love songs all the time. I can't even watch him when he sings, I do try to listen just to see if I'm wrong in my opinion, but I sure can't watch him.
    I've liked Constantine from the beginning, the other evening I did find myself getting sucked into that as Simon put it "Smoldering Idol" vibe he has going on...had to fan myself, once I stopped laughing at myself that is. lol
    Carrie is a powerhouse that has done Oklahoma proud(er) in my opinion and I really think (and hope) she'll be in the top two.
    You might want to check your fonts.....I have good eyesight, but this print is rather small and hard to read.

18. Default Re: American Idol

Thanks for that helpful hint...I'lll be sure to not make that mistake again.

Patrick Guest

Guys, I went ahead and increased the font size to help those of us with vision problems out.

Patrick Guest

I actually can see Vonzell being quite a superstar someday. She reminds me a lot of Whitney Houston. Pay close attention to her as the show progresses. I'm thinking she'll make the top 3.....Constantine seems to have every woman's heart right now! lol!

SoundMind Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Shows like American Idol are why I watch only the news and documentaries now.
    American Idol is better than most shows on TV now. At least there's some real artistic talnet being displayed. That's more than you can say about shows like Fear Factor, Wife Swap, Amazing Race, and other dumb reality shows.

22. Default Re: American Idol

Well folks, Carrie was awesome tonight. My one critique of her in the past has been that while her vocals are consistently great, her face was always quite expressionless. Tonight she had the whole package.

Scott should be leaving tomorrow night.

Although Constatine's horrible Nickelback impersonation deserves to be booted as well.

A-Federov did a pretty good job tonight, although I may just be saying that because I really like the song he sang (I Surrender by Celine Dion).

Vonzell and Bo were both as consistent as always. I really think we're looking at a Bo,Constatine, Vonzell, Carrie top four...with Vonzell and Constatine in the top two.

Although I'd rather see a Bo/Carrie finale.

Patrick Guest

I actually wasn't that impressed with Bo tonight. Seemed like all he did was scream a lot. Anthony has better vocals, IMO. Scott will probably be knocked off tonight.

Vonzell continues to impress me. She reminds me of Whitney Houston. What a voice.

Carrie seems to do well with country songs...that's why she did well tonight. Her off nights are always when they require her to do something from a different genre.

Rev. Bob Guest

I'm thinking Vonzell, Constantine, and Carrie will be in the top 3. After that, it's anyone's call.

Man I missed last nights show, what did Scott sing? did he do good? I'm hoping he gets the boot I have to agree with kelliekokid, he's got some serious attitude. Like he's gotta come in and rule. 2 words for Scott. Calm Down.

Thread Information