Widgets Magazine

Thread: Direct mail marketing

Default Direct mail marketing

This is a notice to home service providers (roofers, siding installers, gutterers, flooring installers, etc) who may be considering direct mail. The response to my work for another client has been impressive with approximately 1 in 30 mailings bringing a lead. I have a mailing list of over 500 local addresses, all of them valid and deliverable. Also the method I use has been incrementally tested to provide the highest % of leads. My prices are quite reasonable because there is no list rental fee like with other "marketers". Many business owners have been disappointed with the results of other marketers because of their spam type of approach but my expertise can truly work for your company. I can only work with a few clients so please email today for more information.

Default Re: Direct mail marketing

1 in 30 is EXTREMELY high for direct mail marketing. Do you guarantee your results?

Thanks for the interest in my service. I would consider matching a written guarantee from another marketing company.

Ick I hate direct mail marketing. At my house it goes straight to the trash can after I purge my mail out of it.

Well this thread has 300 views so I know there is some interest. PM if you feel like your home repair business has room to grow and to find out more.

6. Default Re: Direct mail marketing

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    Ick I hate direct mail marketing. At my house it goes straight to the trash can after I purge my mail out of it.
    I agree. Its the spam of snail mail and only slightly less annoying that the dinner time marketing calls.

It keeps the Post Office from completely bleeding out and some of us more luddite seniors don't mind something we can hold in our hands.

8. Default Re: Direct mail marketing

What's cost like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LandRunOkie View Post
    This is a notice to home service providers (roofers, siding installers, gutterers, flooring installers, etc) who may be considering direct mail. The response to my work for another client has been impressive with approximately 1 in 30 mailings bringing a lead. I have a mailing list of over 500 local addresses, all of them valid and deliverable. Also the method I use has been incrementally tested to provide the highest % of leads. My prices are quite reasonable because there is no list rental fee like with other "marketers". Many business owners have been disappointed with the results of other marketers because of their spam type of approach but my expertise can truly work for your company. I can only work with a few clients so please email today for more information.
    As someone who owns an ad agency/marketing firm, your post doesn't exactly sound like a professional; and 500 local addresses isn't exactly a lot. Instead, maybe classify yourself as a small direct mail business would be more appropriate description based on your comments. ANY reputable direct mail place has non-list rental options, and can get up to MILLIONS of addresses, and can find out just about anything they want to on a prospect (income level, marital status, prescription drugs taken, religion, health conditions, and just about anything else you can think of). Blanket bashing true marketers doesn't exactly win your case of being an "expert".

Blog Entries

With the list size and a 3.3% response, it yields about 16 responses....not a lot. Of the 16 LEADS, what is the conversion to sale rate (indicating QUALITY of response). A fully vetted direct mail list should actually yield closure of 1.5 to 3%, depending on the offer. Success rate is also about the value of the deal being offered. Exposure is just one factor.

Thread Information