Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sell out in 3 Minutes?!

1. Default Sell out in 3 Minutes?!

How can it be within the first 3 minutes, all the tix are sold out for the Lakers and the Cavs? uuggh - what's up with that? Even yesterday for the pre-sale all the tix are gone.. I managed to get crappy seats in the nosebleed sections for the Knicks, Bulls and Lakers and today the Cavs ( but have to sit separately) 320 A and E ( I'll take what I can get - I make friends easily ha,ha).

Next year, I'm buying season tickets - this is a nightmare trying to get tickets. I could never have imagined it would be this hard...

But what is going on? Where are all of the club tix and seats?? Who bought them - surely not season ticket holders.. does anyone know?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Sell out in 3 Minutes?!

I was wondering the same thing - I got into Ticketmaster the second they went on sale for Miami seats and there was NOTHING! I even checked for some non-marquee games in March/April like the Trailblazers and there were only $10 tickets available. Something's weird about this - maybe they're holding tickets back and will release them at various times to combat scalpers? Just glad I've got a 12-game package (but not the one that has Miami, unfortunately!)

wallyboy75 Guest

I try to get the six pack of tickets that included the Miami game and I had no luck at all unless I wanted to spend 400 for 2 of them. I wish I could but I don't think the wife would go for that.

I'd imagine the Pioneer sponsors got first dibs at seats for this next batch of games, then season ticket holders, then those who subscribe to get 'bee-mail', then the general public.

It's not a surprise that the Lakers and Cavs games were gone that fast. Everyone wants to see Lebron and Kobe.

wallyboy75 Guest

On trying to get tickets from scalpers when is the best time to get them, for the hornets or the blazers. I aks this since I have no luck in getting at a price my wife and I can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyboy75
    On trying to get tickets from scalpers when is the best time to get them, for the hornets or the blazers. I aks this since I have no luck in getting at a price my wife and I can afford.
    I'd split up with your wife, one of you positioned by Robinson and Reno and the other by Gaylord and Reno and just keep a lookout anywhere from 45-30 mintues before a game until a bit after tip off. You can usually find one for face value or not too much over.

...oh, look for a 'normal' person selling their tickets. not a scalper. you wont get hosed trying to make up for their 'overhead'.

I'd split up with your wife
    That's a little drastic, don't you think?

Oh, wait...

Thread Information