Widgets Magazine

Thread: Gold's Gym Returning To Oklahoma City

1. Default Gold's Gym Returning To Oklahoma City

"Four Circuit City stores closed here when the chain went bankrupt in 2009 but just one is still empty — and what's happening with other vacant big-box retailers is just as encouraging, according to CB Richard Ellis-Oklahoma."

"Gold's Gym, in a return to Oklahoma City, leased the former Circuit City at Northwest Expressway and Portland Avenue, as well as the former Sportsman's Warehouse at 2301 W Memorial Road."

More: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-citys-dar..._lead_business

2. Default Re: Gold's Gym Returning To Oklahoma City

I saw a "Gold's Gym Coming Soon" sign on that vacant building yesterday. Never been to one though.

3. Default Re: Gold's Gym Returning To Oklahoma City

I wish someone would open a gym of that caliber on the south or east side for a change. I'm so tired of all the crappy little ones that are in the east side. I'm stuck with the All-American "screw you" fest.

Default Re: Gold's Gym Returning To Oklahoma City

I wonder if they will honor the membership I had and lost when they closed without notice a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    I wonder if they will honor the membership I had and lost when they closed without notice a few years back.
    I agree, but that location was a franchise. I believe this one will be owned by corporate. I am not sure on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I wish someone would open a gym of that caliber on the south or east side for a change. I'm so tired of all the crappy little ones that are in the east side. I'm stuck with the All-American "screw you" fest.
    BomberMWC,
    Have you tried Shape Fitness on 15th and Post?? I'm there almost everyday and love it compared to my old gym (All-American). It's a pretty good size gym.. It's also a MMA training facility, alot of local fighters come there to train for upcoming fights. There's 2 Racquetball courts, Aerobic room (Zumba classes, Salsa maybe?, etc.) We're in the process of installing a juice bar. There's also tanning and a childrens play area in case you don't have someone to watch the lil' ones. Check it out if you haven't already!

7. Default Re: Gold's Gym Returning To Oklahoma City

Too far out for me...i'm not IN mwc anymore, so that's another reason why it's a pain to go to AAF. But thanks for the info...it might help someone else out!

Quote Originally Posted by Watson410 View Post
    BomberMWC,
    Have you tried Shape Fitness on 15th and Post?? I'm there almost everyday and love it compared to my old gym (All-American). It's a pretty good size gym.. It's also a MMA training facility, alot of local fighters come there to train for upcoming fights. There's 2 Racquetball courts, Aerobic room (Zumba classes, Salsa maybe?, etc.) We're in the process of installing a juice bar. There's also tanning and a childrens play area in case you don't have someone to watch the lil' ones. Check it out if you haven't already!
    That's a good gym.

Joined it. Learned some interesting things. This is corporate, and it is their flagship gym. The one on Memorial will be the largest in the US. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    The one on Memorial will be the largest in the US. Pretty cool.
    Srsly?

Totally serious. Couldn't believe it myself. But the out-of-state manager confirmed it. It's going to be a huge multi-story gym.

Well one thing I noticed is that the back of the store extends longer than you think it would. I was driving on that perimeter road around Quail Springs Mall and I noticed that the building is pretty huge. After all it was a Sportsman's Warehouse.

Joined it. Learned some interesting things. This is corporate, and it is their flagship gym. The one on Memorial will be the largest in the US. Pretty cool.
    Does this mean that OKC will move up to the top of the lists on America's most fit cities?

14. Default Re: Gold's Gym Returning To Oklahoma City

it better, since there haven't been any new donut store openings but now at least 4 outlets from a Nationaly Recongized Exercise Company will be RE-turning. I think we should also alert then to the fact that OKC has had lots of fast food consolidation and closing. ......
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

15. Default Re: Gold's Gym Returning To Oklahoma City

Did they give you any idea about an opening day? I want to join, but only if they have the classes I want, so I want to wait and see what the schedule is going to be.

Hotrod, there has been some shifting in the fast food market over the years but I think we see just as many if not more replacing the ones that have closed

Quote Originally Posted by calitook View Post
    Did they give you any idea about an opening day? I want to join, but only if they have the classes I want, so I want to wait and see what the schedule is going to be.
    End of June, beginning of July.

Thread Information