Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big 12 Championship Predictions

Default Big 12 Championship Predictions

What say you on who will win the game between Nebraska and OU?

Default Re: Big 12 Championship Predictions

Boomer!

Big Red of the North

Oh, I'm hoping the Sooners give Nebraska about a "half a hundred" reasons to be glad they're leaving the Big 12.

I only hope that between now and then Landry Jones learns the proper way to ground the ball out of bounds without a clip of it making it's way to sports center. If he can learn that then the sooners should be okay.

The Brothers Pelini are due some comeuppance if you ask me and you did.

6. Default Re: Big 12 Championship Predictions

Sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I only hope that between now and then Landry Jones learns the proper way to ground the ball out of bounds without a clip of it making it's way to sports center. If he can learn that then the sooners should be okay.

The Brothers Pelini are due some comeuppance if you ask me and you did.
    I guess the 468 yards passing and the two long bomb touchdowns in 92 seconds very late in a BIG-ASS game did not impress you...

I say the Sooners will show the Cornhuskers the door out of the Big 12 and into oblivion---

by throwing them down the stairs at the Big House in Big D...:

Here's a Bear who hopes OU sends the Huskers away in style with an emphatic, lopsided finale. Heck, we're just glad to still be in a conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacokid View Post
    Here's a Bear who hopes OU sends the Huskers away in style with an emphatic, lopsided finale. Heck, we're just glad to still be in a conference.
    Baylor is a great school with a great football program...and loyal to their conference...not like the Nebraskans who coughed up the most ridiculous reasoning in sports history for "why" they chose to go the the Big Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    I say the Sooners will show the Cornhuskers the door out of the Big 12 and into oblivion---

by throwing them down the stairs at the Big House in Big D...:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!! It's in Arlington!!!! It's 20 miles from Dallas!!!!!

Sorry, sorry. It's just that I endured 3+ hours of ESPN doing that. TBS and FOX were able to say "Arlington" during the World Series, why not the rest of the media? I guess I feel sensitive about it because my taxes helped build the goddam thing. And NO I did not vote for Jerry's sales tax increase.

Imagine it's next Saturday night, Musburger says, "Here come the Sooners (if he gets THAT right) from up I-35 in Oklahoma City!"

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!! It's in Arlington!!!! It's 20 miles from Dallas!!!!!

Sorry, sorry. It's just that I endured 3+ hours of ESPN doing that. TBS and FOX were able to say "Arlington" during the World Series, why not the rest of the media? I guess I feel sensitive about it because my taxes helped build the goddam thing. And NO I did not vote for Jerry's sales tax increase.

Imagine it's next Saturday night, Musburger says, "Here come the Sooners (if he gets THAT right) from up I-35 in Oklahoma City!"
    A Thousand Pardons and I shall rub my face on the pavement for a FULL ten minutes in contrition. I think it has to do with a windshield I partially went through in a buddy's Austin-Healy in Grand Prairie on the way to the 1968 OU-Texas game....the year that James Street negated a long, long drive that put OU ahead late in the game and he took the Longhorns down the field in the last two minutes...and it was hotter than the gates of hell...Texas 26, OU 20.

I guess the 468 yards passing and the two long bomb touchdowns in 92 seconds very late in a BIG-ASS game did not impress you...
    Why would you guess that jmarkross?

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Why would you guess that jmarkross?
    I am just sensitive that they left him off the All-Conference list which is **INSANE**...and I think he is a real spark-plug that rallies his team...

I am just sensitive that they left him off the All-Conference list which is **INSANE**...and I think he is a real spark-plug that rallies his team...
    Who do you suppose that Stoops would take between Landry and Brandon Weeden?

did anyone catch Musberger's brain fart where he called the OU team "Hoosiers" during last weeks game? Someone might have been making a reference to that up thread, but i wondered why Herbstreit didnt correct him. Oh well,

Here's my score prediction: OU 37 Neb 31

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Who do you suppose that Stoops would take between Landry and Brandon Weeden?
    Landry...age and Landry has more fire in his belly--though Weeden is a superb player as well...just think Landry was better this year...

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    did anyone catch Musberger's brain fart where he called the OU team "Hoosiers" during last weeks game? Someone might have been making a reference to that up thread, but i wondered why Herbstreit didnt correct him. Oh well,

Here's my score prediction: OU 37 Neb 31
    When you look back at his career...Musburger always struck me as a manufactured sports guy...he does not ever really seem to "get it" about sports--especially college football. The Hoosier blurt was just his 23,876th mindless comment--but--he is a reasonably likable fellow, so most overlook his foibles...he is from Billings, Montana...gotta go with a cowboy in a pinch...

I think it will be a good game and I hate to see the Neb/OU games end. The Huskers are hurting at QB, the best wide receiver is out and a key defensive player is out. I'm a Husker fan and would like to leave the Big 12 with a championship but I'm thinking it will be OU 21 NU 17.

Jmark.... I think going to the Big 10 will be good for Nebraska. The academics are better and the revenue is much better than the Big 12. OU just does what Texas tells it to do. With the Longhorn TV network coming soon I don't see the Big 12 - 2 staying together much longer.

As Uncle would say.......BOOMER FREAKIN SOONER!!!!!!

21. Default Re: Big 12 Championship Predictions

No question about it. OU will easily win this game. It is safe to go all out buying grocery (at Crest, please) for the big cook-out. Treat yourself to a brand new Boomer Sooner clothes and accessories. Spend money on beer and/or liquor. Most importantly, have the wildest time of your life!

Dang you blangtang, I went to tell my husband that we have a bug in our monitor that I can't get out.

Oklahoma 31, Nebraska 21

Quote Originally Posted by acumpton View Post
    Dang you blangtang, I went to tell my husband that we have a bug in our monitor that I can't get out.
    I did a "Save Image As" and snapped that up to send with e-mails to annoy folks...cool thing...

I did a "Save Image As" and snapped that up to send with e-mails to annoy folks...cool thing...
    You're not giving yourself enough credit! You don't need a "screen save" in order to be annoying.

Thread Information