Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taco Bell

1. Large Chain Taco Bell

This is my negative review for the Taco Bell in Midwest City on the corner of NE 23rd and Douglas Blvd. Many times when I order soft chicken tacos, I paid specifically for STUFFED as in LOTS OF CHICKEN only to discover very few chickens. They continue to ignore my specific request. Its just this one lousy location. Just a few minutes ago, I went there to get something to eat and this idiotic female at the window wrote this down... "You really need to come into the lobby to order. This messes us up." Excuse me? It does not mess anything up. Learn how to take orders from deaf customers at the window. Do not ever force us to get out of our own auto to come inside to order.

Default Re: Taco Bell

Thunder, while i can understand your frustration, what she was trying to say it messes up the timing, if they can't take your order (for whatever reason) until you reach the window, it slows everything down and in some cases brings everything to a screeching halt until they can get back into the regular flow again. Special orders can cause the same chaos in the kitchen. Not as bad as they used to be, but it does still happen.

There may just be a communication error in what "stuffed" means. On one hand, don't they have menu items called "Stuf'td" or something like that? Your idea of what they are supposed to stuff it with may be different than their idea. If not specific that you want extra chicken, they may give you a cheaper filler (like lettuce). If you are paying for extra anything and not getting it, then you have every right to complain. And if that doesn't take care of it, then take your business elsewhere (and politely let them know you are doing so).

very few chicken(s)?Thunder,I understand your frustration but you also need to understand she wasnt trying to be rude,blunt maybe but not rude!I mean how is a drive thru operator supposed to communcate with someone with a hearing impairment?

4. Default Re: Taco Bell

Larry, they need to learn how to install a second window for what McD had done. Heck, McD even got two computers system set up for this, so when someone comes to window to order, they use the other computer system to get it in line.

The manager at that Taco Bell wasn't much help either.

A few weeks ago, I actually had an idiot at the KFC in front of Oklahoma's #1 market telling me to come inside when I pulled up with an order already typed out on the phone notepad. There was no one behind me! When I went inside, I told a manager and walked out with everything free.

These are the times that these childish behavior ever happened to me ever in my entire lifetime. Its quite shocking.

get out of your car and stop being selfish

It probably would work best for all parties involved to simply walk inside

7. Default Re: Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post
    get out of your car and stop being selfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    It probably would work best for all parties involved to simply walk inside
    This is discrimination. Just because we are deaf does not mean we are required to abandon the luxury of drive-thru ordering.

8. Default Re: Taco Bell

I would think if you are worried about an order being right, you would go inside regardless. You aren't being required to go inside, but if you are having dissatisfaction with the outside ordering options...try going face to face. There are many times I choose to just go inside especially in cases of a complicated order, large order, there have been errors in the past at the location, or I'm simply undecided what I want - that way I don't hold others up for my indecisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    This is discrimination. Just because we are deaf does not mean we are required to abandon the luxury of drive-thru ordering.
    I happen to agree with you T, but for a different reason. Drive through ordering is at best a crap shoot. Deaf or not, you should have an equal shot at your order being wrong when it is delivered to you.

So many drive through lanes mess up even the simplest of orders, your deafness really doesn't up the chances of the order being wrong.

I agree it should not be required...Just think it works best to order inside unless the restaurant provides you with a way to order at the speaker/menu instead of where you pick up

11. Default Re: Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I happen to agree with you T, but for a different reason. Drive through ordering is at best a crap shoot. Deaf or not, you should have an equal shot at your order being wrong when it is delivered to you.

So many drive through lanes mess up even the simplest of orders, your deafness really doesn't up the chances of the order being wrong.
    In fact, with you actually writing down your own order, you actually have a better chance at getting your order correctly. Kevin's right, I'm amazed how often my order is wrong.

Thunder I understand you being pissed off about drive through service but I too go inside from time to time when I have something that is complicated or a special order. It just works better for everyone including myself.

Put yourself in the other customers shoes who are waiting behind you and in the order taker shoes who is at the microphone and now having a panic attack thinking their Mic just broke when it was working a few seconds ago. Now they are left wondering if some kid is playing a trick on them / is some customer confused at how to order/ are they hurt / are they getting robbed / having a heart attack / did someones car stall/ whatever.....all because everything was running steady state then all of a sudden dead air.

Another thing to consider is that all major fast food restaurants are graded and evaluated on their order times. As others have mentioned you can typically see the digital clock that records the data and uplinks it to some corporate computer inside the window that tells exactly how long its been since they took an order until it goes out the window. So for an employee that has had great times all day long just one 4-5 minute lapse will greatly skew the data for the entire day - you might say well who cares, but that's one of the ways fast food has become so fast compared to what it was even 10 years ago and its hard for any of us to complain about faster service.

So i understand you dont appreciate us mentioning that it might be easier for you to order inside - but you have to realize that you delaying everyone involved by not wanting to park your car, save some gas, and walk inside the store and i'm willing to bet you dinner at taco bell it would also be FASTER for YOU to order inside the restaurant.

13. Default Re: Taco Bell

This is a rare occasion I agree with Thunder - in as much as the deaf and hearing impaired should not have to exit their vehicle to place an order with an establishment that offers drive-thru service. The chances of me or you being delayed (heaven forbid) in a fast food drive through because of a deaf customer is next to zero. However, I am constantly delayed in lines at restaurants, convenience stores etc. because of perfectly hearing enabled people who won't get off their damn cell phones, don't have a clue what they want or are so inept at doing simple math they had no idea their debit card would be rejected because they were overdrawn.

Yeah, that drive-thru worker was completely in the wrong. She was just flustered because he did something that deviated from the norm.

But, Thunder, your first problem is going to Taco Bell. Ew! Didn't you know that it's only acceptable to eat Taco Bell if you're drunk? And you aren't going through the drive-thru, because you're either walking or getting dropped off there by a cab!

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    This is a rare occasion I agree with Thunder - in as much as the deaf and hearing impaired should not have to exit their vehicle to place an order with an establishment that offers drive-thru service. The chances of me or you being delayed (heaven forbid) in a fast food drive through because of a deaf customer is next to zero. However, I am constantly delayed in lines at restaurants, convenience stores etc. because of perfectly hearing enabled people who won't get off their damn cell phones, don't have a clue what they want or are so inept at doing simple math they had no idea their debit card would be rejected because they were overdrawn.
    +1
    I try to avoid any fast food joints that are owned by Yum foods{tace bell,pizza hut,kfc among others}the quality has gone downhill. All of the establishments used to have better quality product especially in the 70s and 80s.

BBatesokc,
    I wish I had said this! I totally agree.
    C. T.

-This is a rare occasion I agree with Thunder - in as much as the deaf and hearing impaired should not have to exit their vehicle to place an order with an establishment that offers drive-thru service.

-The chances of me or you being delayed (heaven forbid) in a fast food drive through because of a deaf customer is next to zero.
    Overall I agree with both of you and it does kinda suck that it works out better for someone to get out of their vehicle and walk inside a restaurant to order their food. But what i don't agree with is calling it discrimination or acting like its someones god given right to go through a fast food drive through. Kinda shows where we are as a nation when people adamantly get pissed off at the thought of having to exit their vehicle and walk into a restaurant to order food.

... i think its realistic to realize that there are some interactions its easier for someone with a disability to not participate in; this might just be one of them.
    But, the go inside solution is not easier for the hearing impaired. It's easier for the business, and it's easier for the employee, and it keeps the cars moving at X orders per minute, but that's about it. For a hearing impaired person, parking, going inside, and then doing what he, or she is trying to do at the window, i.e., hand over a written down order, then getting back to the car and departing, is not easier. It's not a gross inconvenience, particularly for a single young male, but it is not easier.

Set Thunder aside for the moment and consider a hearing impaired single mom of four in a mini-van. Got the image? No way anyone could persuade me hauling her crew in to order and load back up would be even remotely easier.

Just sayin'.

But, the go inside solution is not easier for the hearing impaired. It's easier for the business, and it's easier for the employee, and it keeps the cars moving at X orders per minute, but that's about it. For a hearing impaired person, parking, going inside, and then doing what he, or she is trying to do at the window, i.e., hand over a written down order, then getting back to the car and departing, is not easier. It's not a gross inconvenience, particularly for a single young male, but it is not easier.

Set Thunder aside for the moment and consider a hearing impaired single mom of four in a mini-van. Got the image? No way anyone could persuade me hauling her crew in to order and load back up would be even remotely easier.

Just sayin'.
    Why dont we have Braille for the blind patrons outside so they can use the drive thru too - since its a god given right for deaf people to use it?

Why would you discriminate against the blind in making them get out of a car they were a passenger in? What if they are in a Cab, do you expect the Cab Driver to read them the menu? Why do blind people have to go into the restaurant and ask for a Braille Menu (which fast food places do have) but deaf people can use the drive thru ?

If we are going to cater to one disability then you have to for another, you just cant pick and chose. What about morbidly obese passengers that are so large that they qualify as disabled and cannot work. What about when they want to go to mcdonalds, should mcdonalds install larger doors in case on of the morbidly obese customers decides to come inside the restaurant, why should they always be forced to go through the drive thru?

I can see how that could screw up the queue. They can't even start your order until you pull up to the window and hand them your note. I don't see how the drive through is faster for you unless you have four kids in the future.

If we are going to cater to one disability then you have to for another, you just cant pick and chose. What about morbidly obese passengers that are so large that they qualify as disabled and cannot work. What about when they want to go to mcdonalds, should mcdonalds install larger doors in case on of the morbidly obese customers decides to come inside the restaurant, why should they always be forced to go through the drive thru?
    They would before anyone said anything because they would not want to lose their most loyal customers. Lol

As I try to not stop in ff places much, I'm perfectly fine if they wish to facilitate blind patrons using the drive-through. I think that corner between the order speaker and the first window might need some extra pole reinforcements though.

kevinpate,
    My first inclination was that the "blind" comment didn't warrant a response. But your comment (that I enjoyed) changed my mind. I taught the blind and visually impaired a few ago and am familiar with a lot of the problems/challenges they have, but never once was a drive through business mentioned. They all had spouses, significant others or used public transportation and the sighted person driving was always quite capable of reading the menu or even asking for a braille menu at the drive through window.
    C. T.
    As I try to not stop in ff places much, I'm perfectly fine if they wish to facilitate blind patrons using the drive-through. I think that corner between the order speaker and the first window might need some extra pole reinforcements though.

24. Default Re: Taco Bell

I highly suggest some of you whiners who happen to (at the moment) have a perfectly good set of legs, eyes and ears try stepping out of your selfish indignation and realize if it really ruins your day because someone with an impairment causes you to wait an extra minute or two for your Big Mac or Nachos Bell Grande then you have a pretty warped view of life and your role in society.

I also hope you avoid the 7-11 I go to on a regular basis because more than one occasion we've all had to wait at the register while the cashier ran outside to pump gas for someone with a handicap placard after they pushed the service button. I can only imagine the outrage you'd have if you were left standing there with your slurpie for an extra 60 seconds and couldn't get back to curing cancer, saving the whales or whatever else that was so important in your day.

25. Default Re: Taco Bell

If the place seems empty or bare to me, then I'd have no problem going in there. Most of the time, I'm just not comfortable being within a crowd. Especially at McD where a bunch of stupid kids in there just laugh away until their tummies explode with bloody gore everywhere. Sometime I'm just simply not well enough to get out whenever I deal with dizziness or headache, so staying inside the truck in front of a blasting cold air is preferred than out into the heat.

Thread Information