Widgets Magazine

Thread: Car disposal/towing

Default Car disposal/towing

Hello! Long time lurker here.
    Does anyone have any experience with any local car towing/disposal businesses? I have an car I'm looking to get rid of. It isn't a total clunker but damn close so I am just wanting it gone. Unfortunately, it won't start so I need someone to pick it up. There are tons of those "cash for cars" outfits online, but I didn't know if anyone have any input or information about local operations. I did speak with one service that wouldn't really negotiate price with me.

Just thought I would see what the folks of OKCTALK had to say. Thanks!

Default Re: Car disposal/towing

There is a salvage yard out on Sooner Rd, south OKC and north of Norman. Last summer I used it after I said fare well to a car that saw me through my latter 30's and my 40's and then a bit, and saw three children learn to drive, commute part-time, haul gear for weekend trips, several NM, MS, TX trips for conferences, and lots of trips to SE OK in its earlier days, etc. In short it had a nice long run with us but it was the end of the trail.

I had a friend link it up and take it to Alpha Recycling at 17650 S Sooner RD, about a1/4 mile north of where Indian Hills Rd crosses Sooner. Packed the passenger and trunk space with other junk metal and once inside the yard, stripped off the tires and rims, which they prefer. Handed over the title, they handed over their payment. Done, clean and simple. Tires ended up at a 2nd hand shop and I sold the rims, as these were not a match to my other vehicles. All in all, a simple part of a summer afternoon. Alpha's number is 360-6350 per google. Nice folk in my opinion.

What make/model/year vehicle?

Thanks for the input, I finally found someone and got it taken care of. Sorry Frisky.

Thread Information