Widgets Magazine

Thread: Iron Maiden

Default Iron Maiden

It's been 29 long years since Maiden fans have seen this historic band play in our home state. I'll be making the trip down the turnpike for what should be an rocking good time.... #UpTheIrons Is anyone else going?

Default Re: Iron Maiden

They landed in their own 747 which is flown by their vocalist

Iron Maiden arrives in Tulsa | FOX23

The vocalist is the pilot? Neat! I like the accuracy of "down the turnpike" to Tulsa rather than the conventional verbiage of "up to Tulsa." As I've mentioned before in a different thread or two, OKC is some 400 feet higher than Tulsa. Wish I could make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
    The vocalist is the pilot? Neat! I like the accuracy of "down the turnpike" to Tulsa rather than the conventional verbiage of "up to Tulsa." As I've mentioned before in a different thread or two, OKC is some 400 feet higher than Tulsa. Wish I could make the trip.
    55k miles ,70 countries, and 6 continents only 9 US cities and Tulsa was lucky enough to be one of them... the show did not disappoint , these guys are in their 60's and are still getting after it... The crowds they play for outside of the US are in excess of 75k + , mostly stadium venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    It's been 29 long years since Maiden fans have seen this historic band play in our home state. I'll be making the trip down the turnpike for what should be an rocking good time.... #UpTheIrons Is anyone else going?
    I saw them, had to be around 84-85. Had no idea that was the last time they played in Oklahoma. They{especially Harris}are all pretty talented cats, some of their early stuff was hell learning on the guitar. And Dickinson, jeesh the guy does just about everything doesnt he, pilot, singer, frontman, fencer, im sure I missing several things too.

Thread Information