Widgets Magazine

Thread: City of Tulsa Twitter Mischief

Default City of Tulsa Twitter Mischief

Someone apparently opened a Twitter account with the profile name "CityOfTulsaParking" or "@Tulsa_Parking," complete with an altered version of the city's official logo (with an added cartoon poo on top) as its profile picture. The account appears to have been up for at least three days, and it generally tweets fart jokes and other juvenile troll-like material. For instance, anything and everything appears to be "a parking offense punishable by $30 citation."

Well, the City of Tulsa appears to have had enough of the troll using the city's likeness for mischief, so the city tweeted:

"@Tulsa_Parking We need you to change your Twitter pic. The seal is protected by ordinance and copright."

https://twitter.com/cityoftulsagov/s...33966557884416

In response, the hooligan wrote:

"@cityoftulsagov how bout you suck my balls"

https://twitter.com/tulsa_parking/st...34063123337216

Okay, so this probably happens all of the time, and it's admittedly juvenile as hell, but I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the exchange. I'm 33 years of age, and I grew up watching South Park. Perhaps the satirical account reminds me of the show and of my youth.

Anyway, one thing that Tulsa can take away from this is this lesson: "Don't feed the trolls." Are there any lawyers out there with a take on the matter? I'd imagine that this falls under satire and is thus protected, but I'm took lazy to look into the specifics of the laws and statutes.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Default Re: City of Tulsa Twitter Mischief

Don't worry, I chuckled a bit too reading that response in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCM View Post
    Someone apparently opened a Twitter account with the profile name "CityOfTulsaParking" or "@Tulsa_Parking," complete with an altered version of the city's official logo (with an added cartoon poo on top) as its profile picture. The account appears to have been up for at least three days, and it generally tweets fart jokes and other juvenile troll-like material. For instance, anything and everything appears to be "a parking offense punishable by $30 citation."

Well, the City of Tulsa appears to have had enough of the troll using the city's likeness for mischief, so the city tweeted:

"@Tulsa_Parking We need you to change your Twitter pic. The seal is protected by ordinance and copright."

https://twitter.com/cityoftulsagov/s...33966557884416

In response, the hooligan wrote:

"@cityoftulsagov how bout you suck my balls"

https://twitter.com/tulsa_parking/st...34063123337216

Okay, so this probably happens all of the time, and it's admittedly juvenile as hell, but I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the exchange. I'm 33 years of age, and I grew up watching South Park. Perhaps the satirical account reminds me of the show and of my youth.

Anyway, one thing that Tulsa can take away from this is this lesson: "Don't feed the trolls." Are there any lawyers out there with a take on the matter? I'd imagine that this falls under satire and is thus protected, but I'm took lazy to look into the specifics of the laws and statutes.
    You chuckled and laughed because it's hilarious

Twit in a Tweet Tweaked a Teat
    - Film at 11

Thread Information