Widgets Magazine

Thread: Wendell Edwards and Jessica Schambach....

Default Wendell Edwards and Jessica Schambach....

Should become a permanent team in my opinion. Much better than Folger!

Default Re: Wendell Edwards and Jessica Schambach....

Yep!

Totally agree. We need some diversity in the main anchor chair. I'd also like to see JaioJaio join Anita Blanton in the mornings following Flick's departure.

4. Default Re: Wendell Edwards and Jessica Schambach....

I like the idea. Now how do we go about getting the Ogles out of the media as well? :-P lol

Ogles..jeesus!

No talent,other then daddy, why are they on tv?

6. Default Re: Wendell Edwards and Jessica Schambach....

Dream on guys, dream on. Diversity for diversity's sake is called Affirmative Action, is it not? Do you just want to start placing anchors in the chair to fill up slots in some chart of ethnic groups, or do you want talented charismatic people in those chairs?

And btw, Paul Folger is a superb anchor, and I would not expect him to lose his job anytime soon.

I'm still scratching my head at why management thought we'd rather see Wendell on Saturday nights than Darrielle Snipes.

And while I'm in a complaining mood, I miss Maggie Carlo solo anchoring on Sundays --- now that was a show!

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    Dream on guys, dream on. Diversity for diversity's sake is called Affirmative Action, is it not? Do you just want to start placing anchors in the chair to fill up slots in some chart of ethnic groups, or do you want talented charismatic people in those chairs?

And btw, Paul Folger is a superb anchor, and I would not expect him to lose his job anytime soon.

I'm still scratching my head at why management thought we'd rather see Wendell on Saturday nights than Darrielle Snipes.

And while I'm in a complaining mood, I miss Maggie Carlo solo anchoring on Sundays --- now that was a show!
    I'm not saying plug in the black guy because he's black, I'm saying do something that the competition isn't doing to get ahead because hasn't KOCO seen a large ratings drop since Folger came around? In my opinion Snipes is a fine reporter, but lacked the energy to make the recycled news of a weekend news cast come alive.
    I miss Maggie Carlo period, but don't Wendell and Jessica co-anchor Sundays now? I usually don't tune in on Sunday nights.

You can't be serious about Paul Folger being a good anchor. He is single-handedly making 5 a bigger laughing stock than it already was.

The only reason he's still around is a contract. When it expires, he'll disappear.

KOCO has consistently made bad hires for 20 years. They are cheap on the Fox 25 and KSBI level.

9. Default Re: Wendell Edwards and Jessica Schambach....

Quote Originally Posted by duckman View Post
    I'm not saying plug in the black guy because he's black, I'm saying do something that the competition isn't doing to get ahead because hasn't KOCO seen a large ratings drop since Folger came around? In my opinion Snipes is a fine reporter, but lacked the energy to make the recycled news of a weekend news cast come alive.
    I miss Maggie Carlo period, but don't Wendell and Jessica co-anchor Sundays now? I usually don't tune in on Sunday nights.
    I wish I knew the ratings, but the people on this board that are in the know are too tight-lipped about it. Step up someone and tell us how the ratings went in July!!!!

Darrielle started out a little green, but as I watched her she just kept getting better and better. She never got a fair shake and time to hone her skills.

The great thing about Maggie was that she solo anchored, so it was all Maggie in every shot. As a guy, I have no use for Wendell stealing half the shots away from Jessica on Sunday. If they needed her to anchor on Sunday to help the ratings, then put her on by herself, just like Maggie was. If Wendell is so superb (i.e. better than Darrielle), then why do we need Jessica on Sunday? Riddle me that, Batman! ;-)

It's a total "cluster" when you get right down to it.

I have other theories as to why the ratings might be down, but it would take a lot of controversial writing to express it, so I'll just watch it all play out.

In the meantime, just watch Amy and Amanda on NEWS 9, they totally rock, both on-air and off-air.

And while you're at it, watch KFOR on Saturday at 6pm and you'll get two gorgeous women, Bobbie Miller and Joleen Chaney (doing live reports) --- or, you can just watch a hairy-legged man solo-anchoring on KOCO if you feel the need for diversity. ;-)

I'll take two beautiful women over diversity any day! ;-) ;-)

ah but is it diversity, sex appeal or actually talent..

Paul Folger just doesn't seem relaxed and natural to me. Everything about his is slightly affected.

drumsncode's posts always have a way of making me feel normal about my Melissa Maynarich infatuation.

Um, well if Wendell and Darrielle (sp?) are doing the news together I can play the "every time a mistake or flub is made I drink" game..... I would be hammered by the time Rosie O'Donnell came on to do the sports...

I wish I knew the ratings, but the people on this board that are in the know are too tight-lipped about it. Step up someone and tell us how the ratings went in July!!!!

Darrielle started out a little green, but as I watched her she just kept getting better and better. She never got a fair shake and time to hone her skills.

The great thing about Maggie was that she solo anchored, so it was all Maggie in every shot. As a guy, I have no use for Wendell stealing half the shots away from Jessica on Sunday. If they needed her to anchor on Sunday to help the ratings, then put her on by herself, just like Maggie was. If Wendell is so superb (i.e. better than Darrielle), then why do we need Jessica on Sunday? Riddle me that, Batman! ;-)

It's a total "cluster" when you get right down to it.

I have other theories as to why the ratings might be down, but it would take a lot of controversial writing to express it, so I'll just watch it all play out.

In the meantime, just watch Amy and Amanda on NEWS 9, they totally rock, both on-air and off-air.

And while you're at it, watch KFOR on Saturday at 6pm and you'll get two gorgeous women, Bobbie Miller and Joleen Chaney (doing live reports) --- or, you can just watch a hairy-legged man solo-anchoring on KOCO if you feel the need for diversity. ;-)

I'll take two beautiful women over diversity any day! ;-) ;-)
    I admit that I have started watching KFOR to see Bobbie Miller Joleen Chaney in high definition.

I agree about Paul Folger. Everytime when I am visiting family in OKC I watch the news and I think that Paul is very polished, professional and does a great job. He was a reporter down here in Dallas where I live and he was very good at reporting and anchoring. I am just curious? Why all the Paul Folger bashing?

16. Default Re: Wendell Edwards and Jessica Schambach....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    drumsncode's posts always have a way of making me feel normal about my Melissa Maynarich infatuation.
    It's okay man, it's okay. Everyone is accepted without judgment here at Anchorholics Anonymous.

The stations hire these beautiful women on purpose, and it's your duty as a man to watch them! You don't want to hurt their feelings do you? Of course not, so get over to your TV, because you've only got 45 minutes until Melissa comes on! ;-)

And it's okay to admit to yourself that you're glad Alex Cameron is out doing "real journalism", because that leaves more face-time for Melissa! ;-)

17. Default Re: Wendell Edwards and Jessica Schambach....

Quote Originally Posted by gmwise View Post
    ah but is it diversity, sex appeal or actually talent..
    Well, in the case of Bobbie Miller and Joleen Chaney, they have it all: talent, appeal, and for me, diversity consists of a brunette and a blonde. Let's hear it for diversity! ;-)

Alex is pretty good at investigative journalism.

On a side note, I just wanted to say that I saw Jessica Shambach (sp?) in person the other day and she was gorgeous....tall, thin and striking. She looks much better in person than on TV. Also, is Melissa Maynarich pregnant?

I've noticed that tonight's 5 pm newscast had blue bars on the side of the picture, and the picture is much sharper. Could KOCO be the next HD station?

It's okay man, it's okay. Everyone is accepted without judgment here at Anchorholics Anonymous.

The stations hire these beautiful women on purpose, and it's your duty as a man to watch them! You don't want to hurt their feelings do you? Of course not, so get over to your TV, because you've only got 45 minutes until Melissa comes on! ;-)

And it's okay to admit to yourself that you're glad Alex Cameron is out doing "real journalism", because that leaves more face-time for Melissa! ;-)
    You guys that think our anchorwomen are hot, CLEARLY haven't watched a news show in other major markets, especially say like LA or Miami's local morning news shows, or even the Spanish channels news shows.

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    Um, well if Wendell and Darrielle (sp?) are doing the news together I can play the "every time a mistake or flub is made I drink" game..... I would be hammered by the time Rosie O'Donnell came on to do the sports...
    To bring an old thread alive, that's funny!!

Just read the news no punctuation just read the news look in the camera read the news dont stop at a period or pause at a comma just read read read

I remember a night Darielle was doing a piece on location on guys incarcerated in prison and she called it, in her most stern, matter of fact way, "A PENILE institution"!!

Thread Information