Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red's Diner (Closed)

Edmond Red's Diner (Closed)

OK gang - you will have to try this place. They have been open about a week now, and the food, atmosphere & concept is quite impressive!!! It seems everyone walks out with a take-out box. You order from the menu on the wall, which consists of fried chicken, bar-b-q chicken, chicken tenders, chicken fried steak, pot roast, potpie. With your choice of that, you get salad, biscuts, mashed potatoes, gravy, fried okra and the best tasting creammed corn.....$11.99 and children eat for $5.99. Try it for yourself!!!! I think this one just might make it there, in the old Poblano's spot.....

Default Re: Red's Diner

so where's this place?

Quote Originally Posted by potsy View Post
    so where's this place?
    I think the SE corner of Danforth and Kelly in the same plaza as Rookies by Twid's and Goldie's.

Nice. Did a quick internet search and found this. http://www.edmondsun.com/features/x1...king-to-Edmond.

Looks interesting. Will definitely be checking it out soon.

sounds almost like a knock off of babe's chicken in texas

We tried it, and it was really good. I had the pot roast and hubby had chicken fried steak. The salad and sides are served family style, and there is more food than you can imagine. I only wish they gave you some choice of sides. If you don't like corn, okra or potatoes your out of luck. Our server didn't mention that it came with salad, so we were happy when it arrived at the table, but I don't know if there is an option of dressings or not. It came with an Italian, oil and vinegar type dressing. I liked it but hubby wasn't too happy with it. He's not a fan of this type of dressing. All in all, it was really good, and we ate way too much food to be able to complete our mission for the rest of the evening, Christmas shopping! We will definitely go back.

Is the chicken fried steak hand made or frozen?

Dude - it is hand made & BIG. Next time we go we will order 1 CFS, and 1 of something else. We would be able to half it up....

Thanks, a frozen chicken fried is a deal breaker.

My girlfriend and I have been there twice and we love it! The endless side servings is a big plus for any family. Everything is delicious and fresh. We tried the chicken fried steak, fried catfish, BBQ smoked chicken and chicken tenders. Next time I'm going to try the potpie. Excellent service! We ended up taking 3 boxes of leftovers home!

Tried it last week. Loved the atmosphere. We liked the sides but the fried chicken was way too salty and greasy. May try the catfish or tenders next time.

Like it. Like the chicken. Love the bread pudding. One of the best dessert's I've every had.

On my 1-10 scale rating, this is what score I give Red's:
    1. Decor: 9.75 /very, very clever, homey and comfortable.
    2. Service: 9.50 / perfect amount of connecting with the customers but not pushy.
    3. Food: 8.95 / over all very good but nothing extremely exciting but still quite tasty.

We went there for dinner last night and probably won't go back. The atmosphere was great and the service was too, but all in all the food was not. It was so salty and I really did not care for their house Italian dressing. However, the biscuits were pretty good. They were light and not too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by AFwife04 View Post
    We went there for dinner last night and probably won't go back. The atmosphere was great and the service was too, but all in all the food was not. It was so salty and I really did not care for their house Italian dressing. However, the biscuits were pretty good. They were light and not too heavy.
    Did you notify management about the saltiness of the food? You have every right to complain, however, you should also consider to bring up this issue to the attention of management. Apathy and complacency does not solve the problem.

Having used to work in a restaurant for a long time, any good manager or owner would want to know when their product and/or service is not up to par. They don't eat the food all night long, you are their eyes and ears. They usually taste a sample of some of the items before opening to make sure recipes and mixes are correct but don't know after that. Tell them, most will be happy you did. You don't have to complain, or try to get a comp. Just be honest with them and they will either value your input or not...

My parents and I decided to try this a couple of weeks ago and we thought it was some of the worst food I ever had. The concept and the decorations in there are fantastic, very unique. The service of the staff and the managers was top notch they were all very pleasant and wanted to make sure we were enjoying ourselves but we certainly won't be going back anytime soon.

I left them some feedback but basically the fried chicken had no taste at all, wasn't even cooked properly, the chicken strips had no flavor, the mashed potatoes were all right but were some of the saltiest things I've ever had. I might try it again one day but it won't be anytime soon.

I truly was shocked how poor it was considering most people seem to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Did you notify management about the saltiness of the food? You have every right to complain, however, you should also consider to bring up this issue to the attention of management. Apathy and complacency does not solve the problem.
    I did not and honestly if I did, I still wouldn't go back. There are better restaurants out there. I hardly think I'm being apathetic and complacent by choosing not to go back to a restaurant where I didn't like the food.

Most astute restaurant operators pay attention to the Internet, so sharing an experience here IS providing feedback.

I just googled "Red's Diner" and this thread was the 9th thing listed and the first about the Edmond restaurant.

Default Anyone tried Red's Southern Diner in Edmond?

Just wondering if anyone has eaten here. If so how was it?

We also found them on Facebook and Twitter.

Facebook: Red's Southern Diner

Twitter: @reds_diner

We are talking about the same place, right? Read the posts above yours???

Larry, that last post was merged from another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FFLady View Post
    OK gang - you will have to try this place. They have been open about a week now, and the food, atmosphere & concept is quite impressive!!! It seems everyone walks out with a take-out box. You order from the menu on the wall, which consists of fried chicken, bar-b-q chicken, chicken tenders, chicken fried steak, pot roast, potpie. With your choice of that, you get salad, biscuts, mashed potatoes, gravy, fried okra and the best tasting creammed corn.....$11.99 and children eat for $5.99. Try it for yourself!!!! I think this one just might make it there, in the old Poblano's spot.....
    What's so impressive with this concept again? Based on what you said, it sounds like every other place in Oklahoma....fried chicken, chicken tenders, BBQ, etc........

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Wow, menu still isn't on their "website". I ne'er get businesses that think a placeholder page is good enough. A website should be completed BEFORE you open. This isn't 2000.

Thread Information