Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cajun King opening a restaurant in Norman

Default Cajun King opening a restaurant in Norman

I was at Cajun King last week, I was talking to the owner about how much their business has picked up and he told me they were opening a second location - this one in Norman.

Enjoy

Default Re: Cajun King opening a restaurant in Norman

So happy, i love that place, do you know where in norman?

While I know a few traditionally kiss of death places I hope they refuse to even look at, this news in general makes me very happy. I rarely travel north of 23rd in the city, and more than not I don't go get that far north.

Having Cajun King in Norman is likely to do a lot to ease my pains about O'Connell's on Lindsey closing this week.

Oh this is great news! I'd love to see a second location, especially if it's maybe a little nicer than the original. I sometimes feel like people judge Cajun King a little harshly based solely on their decor. The owner is such a great, incredibly nice guy. I wish them much luck!

Wow! Lucky Norman!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarkstar View Post
    Oh this is great news! I'd love to see a second location, especially if it's maybe a little nicer than the original. I sometimes feel like people judge Cajun King a little harshly based solely on their decor. The owner is such a great, incredibly nice guy. I wish them much luck!
    Yes, he is a nice guy. I work at a business in the same shopping center. His first restaurant in that location was a pancake house/diner and never really did much. The parking lot is always packed now and I'm glad they are doing well.

Cajun King...yum!! Some friends took us there a couple of months ago and my wife can't stop talking about it. As late as yesterday afternoon, she was still recommending it to people.

i've never heard of this place, where is it located now?

Hope the new place in Norman is cleaner than the OKC location. Also maybe they will NOT have sweetened catfish at the new place. Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by ouguy23 View Post
    It's at the corner of NW Tasty and Delicious in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by ouguy23 View Post
    preview mode: - http://preview.tinyurl.com/cajunking

CK website: http://cajunkingokc.com/

Afer reading some of the recent reviews on here, I may give them another chance. I tried them shortly after they opened and it was by far the worst ever, have had better cajun food from the frozen food isle at Wally World.

None of them speak Acadian...hmmm...

so has cajun king opened in norman yet? does anyone know

not yet. Don't know the planned start date, but since my britches still fit, they're clearly not across town from me just yet

Location? I saw a sign on the building where the China Buffet was; North of Home Depot, and southeast of Office Max, you get the idea? . . . One of the "kiss of death" places that kevinpate was mentioning. Don't expect it to last long.

Quote Originally Posted by triumphrider74 View Post
    Location? I saw a sign on the building where the China Buffet was; North of Home Depot, and southeast of Office Max, you get the idea? . . . One of the "kiss of death" places that kevinpate was mentioning. Don't expect it to last long.
    That is where they plan on opening. It's been host to many venues since it was constructed. And yes, that was one of the places I hoped they wouldn't select. I am cautiously hopeful whatever curse befell many others in the past won't scuttle the effort of Cajun King. But I'm also thinking prayer and a bit of sage burning cain't hurt none neither.

a bit of sage burning, should be more like a bonfire of sage burning and then plant lavendar around the building for luck, that building is cursed i tell you

noooo, no bonfires, not this spring anyway. Even lil' Alex knows that's a terrible, horrible no good very bad idea.

are you talking: the place that once was a Pearls? an Othello's west?? a flamingo or palm tree themed place? that location? If so those are the last few i remember. that place is a black hole for restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    are you talking: the place that once was a Pearls? an Othello's west?? a flamingo or palm tree themed place? that location? If so those are the last few i remember. that place is a black hole for restaurants.
    That's the place, bad location, bad food (IMO), I give it less than 6 months.

Any opening date yet? Just hope it doesnt effect the quality of the original place. Some tend to get worse when they start opening other places, quality control usually falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    Ah Pearls. I wish they were still in Norman (not at that location though). I always thought Campus Corner would actually be a great place for them since they are also a popular happy hour/night spot and they have a killer brunch.

24. Default Re: Cajun King opening a restaurant in Norman

Well given the location of a building where restaurants have always come and go, or Campus Corner, it's not that much of a debate really.

But Campus Corner has already had a history of failed Cajun restaurants. I forget the place's name, but it was good. Across from Hideaway on Buchanon..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well given the location of a building where restaurants have always come and go, or Campus Corner, it's not that much of a debate really.

But Campus Corner has already had a history of failed Cajun restaurants. I forget the place's name, but it was good. Across from Hideaway on Buchanon..
    Spartan, the Cajun King location in NW OKC also has a history of failed restaurants. Since they've opened the parking lot is jammed every day.

Thread Information