Widgets Magazine

Thread: Safety in Stigler?

Question Safety in Stigler?

I've seen some cheap cabins for sale in Stigler. The lake is nice.

Safety stats show Stigler, OK as rough with relatively high crime stats per capita.

What's Stigler really like to live there?

Default Re: Safety in Stigler?

Growing up, never knew anyone who hated it. Can't say I ever knew anyone who raved about it either.
    It's definitely small town america, with a few meth warts here and there in the county if memory serves.

Default Re: Safety in Stigler?

My sister and her family used to live on that side of lake Eufaula between Stigler and Longtown , north of Hwy 9 , about 1/2 mile from the lake, before moving over on the north side of the lave over by Texanna. They've been in the Eufaula area around 30 + years now.

The main thing I've heard from them as far as crime is the thievery that goes on out there. They've been victimized several times. When they were building their current house, they had building materials stolen off their property a several different times, and later had their house broken into. There had also been problems , not just with them, but in the area, of people just walking up into other people's property and taking what they want ... boats, trailers, tools, lawn equipment, lawn furniture ... you name it.

Also had a coworker who has a place off of Lotawata Road, south of I-40 who had the same problem. He went down there just about every weekend, and seem to regularly find his property had been tampered with in some way.

Thread Information