Widgets Magazine

Thread: Pizza on the Southside

Default Pizza on the Southside

We are looking for a good pizza place on the southside to go for lunch (not a chain). If we had time to go north, we'd hit Papa Angelos, Falcones, Hideaway, etc...

I like Bellavista, and I appreciate that everything is handmade to order, but that does not work well for a lunch hour. I read some decent reviews for Brooklyn's Best, but I guess they closed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Pizza on the Southside

If you find a place let me know. Consistently the best place on the south side is Old Chicago but it's a chain.

Pizza House on South Western off of 240 has a really small seating area. Pizza House is one of my favorite pizzas in Oklahoma City. It does mostly take out, but you can eat inside.

Bigray in Ok

I tried Pizza House. Calzone was decent, and the pizza was ok. It didn't really compare to the places on the north side.

We ate at The Stuffed Olive last Sunday for lunch and they had one of the better pizza's I have had in a while. On the menu it was only listed as pizza of the day by the slice (mainly a upscale sandwich shop). The sandwiches were really good but the three of us who ate there thought the pizza was the best thing we ate with the cajun chicken sandwich running a close second. I wish they would start a pizza place because it was really good. The cheese and other ingredients were of a better quality than what you get at most places.

I have always liked the pizza at Primo's in Yukon. I have not tried it at the South I-240 location but that may be an option. Chelios in the old Denny's at S.E. 25(?) and I-35 has good pizza. The place is not the nicest looking place on the inside and there are some colorful characters that eat there, but their food is pretty good. It used to be located at S.E. 44th and I-35 but moved to its current location a few years ago.

Bigray in Ok

Tried Primo's off 240. It was a lunch buffet which was very good Italian food. I didn't try the pizza because the buffet looked too good.

Old Chicago also had a pizza buffet for lunch. The pizza was good and the Stromboli was really good.

I have eaten at the stuffed olive 3 times, and it's been good every time, but I think they only had pizza once when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by mike4ou View Post
    We ate at The Stuffed Olive last Sunday for lunch and they had one of the better pizza's I have had in a while. On the menu it was only listed as pizza of the day by the slice (mainly a upscale sandwich shop). The sandwiches were really good but the three of us who ate there thought the pizza was the best thing we ate with the cajun chicken sandwich running a close second. I wish they would start a pizza place because it was really good. The cheese and other ingredients were of a better quality than what you get at most places.
    Where exactly is the Stuffed Olive? I looked it up on Google Maps and when I drove by I didn't see saything. Just the CVS Pharmacy and the next thing I saw was Brown's Driving school.

It is in the strip center where Brown's Driving School is located. Stuffed Olive is on the south end of that center.

Thanks!

Thread Information