Very interesting show that I came across on OETA this past weekend called Oklahoma Horizon. Apparently, a state lawmaker is seriously considering bringing a proposal to the table that will give OKC a internationally known monument that will rival the Eiffel Tower and the Space Needle in Seattle. The proposal calls for a huge oil derrick that will stand over 1100 feet tall with an observation deck and restaurant. I believe the plans also call for using water from an aquifier to create the appearance of a gushing oil derrick. It will supposedly be named "Energy Tower." I also heard the guy say that he has already talked with city officials and Mayor Cornett about the plans. The location is supposed to be near downtown on the Oklahoma River. They already have a video of the proposed tower on UTube and you can also see the video on the Oklahoma Horizon website @ OKHorizon.com. What's really cool is that many of us have been talking about something very similar on here in the past. This would be HUGE for OKC. Imagine the new Devon Tower and Energy Tower totally transforming the OKC skyline. I was SO incredibly stoked when I saw it on Saturday. OKC has truly come a very long way in the past 15 years. I cannot wait to see what the next 15 holds.