Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: August 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Weather August 2024 - General Weather Discussion

August time, hot and dry continues - each day will basically be around 98-102. There is potential temperature relief late next week, but there may be a tropical system across the SE US that affects our weather. \

Looking at super long-range, just hot and dry. We will likely see short-term drought conditions really take over this month.

2. Default Re: August 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Well we had a good July in all honesty so I'll take a miserable August. Part of the summer charm around here. Stay cool folks.

Default Re: August 2024 - General Weather Discussion

A few places received some showers and brief thunderstorms this morning. There is a chance of additional redevelopment across mainly northern OK again early tomorrow morning.

HRRR 6 am Friday

We'll be right on the edge of the MCS moving southeast out of Kansas - if that nudges further south then northern OK could pick up decent rainfall at the end of next week into the following weekend. Southern OK looks to remain hot and dry.

Blog Entries

My yard, especially the fescue, is not fond of the last few days!

Yea if you happen to be under one of these, you are very lucky.

As of 2:30 am, as expected storms are showing up in northwestern and north central Oklahoma and are stronger than the ones last night. Stillwater may get more than just the few hundredths of an inch it got the previous night.

The Panhandle continues its historic summer with another 2”+ of rain last night. They lead the state in rainfall this summer with over a FOOT of rain in the past 60 days!

Typical August weather this week with highs near 100 and increasing humidity. Temps should cool back to the low 90’s this next weekend with slight rain chances mainly over western OK as an MCS dies out. The Panhandle could pick up another 3-4”. Huricane Debby will be the main weather story in Florida and Georgia, and will help bring us cooler and drier weather on the backside of the low pressure.

GFS forecasted rainfall through the weekend

Possibly looking at a pattern change with cooler/wetter weather around 8/18-19

I am not a fan of this time of year.

Ridge break-down still looking decent this coming weekend. Should see some storm chances with NW flow, and 15-20 degree temperature relief. Looks to only last a few days though, before [likely] the hottest temperatures of the season hit us at the end of next week.

Enjoy the fall-like weather over the next several days. Highs on Saturday could top out in the upper 70's if your area sees rain. Decent rainfall on tap for many areas too.

Timeline for rain saturday? Any chance it’s an overnight rain that moves out early saturday?

Cool front has moved through most of the state as of typing this. We could see some light rain chances Friday morning here in C OK, but the best shot will come late Friday night into early Saturday. I would say there is a decent chance that Saturday afternoon/evening is dry with a nice rain-cooled atmosphere in place.

It's great hearing the sound of wind as a cool front comes through.

So the 2" rain washout we were all promised all week for today is gonna go poof as it approaches OKC, at least as it appears on radar. So glad I cancelled my outdoor paint project for Saturday because of the "rainout. "

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    So the 2" rain washout we were all promised all week for today is gonna go poof as it approaches OKC, at least as it appears on radar. So glad I cancelled my outdoor paint project for Saturday because of the "rainout. "
    The local meteorologists always go with the wettest models and always overestimate rain totals.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    The local meteorologists always go with the wettest models and always overestimate rain totals.
    What infuriates me is I made the mistake of listening to them. I was going to have my family over and have a small "paint party" for my outdoor shed. It was just going to be a fun time and I canx it because I heard the term "washout" once too often. The blame is on me. I have to stop listening to the model zombies on TV

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    What infuriates me is I made the mistake of listening to them. I was going to have my family over and have a small "paint party" for my outdoor shed. It was just going to be a fun time and I canx it because I heard the term "washout" once too often. The blame is on me. I have to stop listening to the model zombies on TV
    You did the right thing. Rain will be here around 10 am. Should rain for a few hours.

Where is all this rain? West metro by outlet mall I'm only up to .22 for the last 3 days and it's Saturday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Where is all this rain? West metro by outlet mall I'm only up to .22 for the last 3 days and it's Saturday afternoon?
    I am doing my part to help.....I washed my truck today so should rain

HRRR showing heavy rain across mainly eastern OK from 7-10 am

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Be patient. According to the NWS forecast, it may rain as much as an inch by Sunday night.

Wow! Here is the rain! I’ll take it.

Wow this is insane!!

Blog Entries

All time wettest day in August in OKC per NWS. What a rain!

Thread Information