Widgets Magazine

Thread: Firing up the crowd with music

Default Firing up the crowd with music

I can't wait til Saturday night, when I saw what tickets were selling for I (briefly) considered selling mine. But I just couldn't. Being a night game, senior night, for the south division lead, and a BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP elimination game how could I? I just hope the rest of you are as fired up as I am. Scared a little, but fired up. I'm hoping the crowd will be the loudest its been in years too.

My prediction OU 52- Texas Tech 45

Now for the music question...I was wondering about the music video they usually play in the third quarter to hype the crowd. I Hate it. Who picks that music out? I would think OU being a powerhouse in college football would also have a great video or song to really get the crowd going. Something they can get into. Dance to. Something they can sing.

USC...they can play TUSK YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

Tennessee...Rocky top is always cool YouTube - Rocky Top Band

West Virginia...corny but YouTube - WVU beats UConn, Singing Country Roads Or this much better version...YouTube - country roads remix

Wisconsin.....They know how to party YouTube - Wisconsin Student Section & YouTube - Wisconsin Badgers football -- Shout!

at Alabama they get....you guessed it YouTube - Sweet Home Alabama Roll Tide Roll Version or this REALLY COOL VERSION...YouTube - sweet home alabama Vs. country grammar

Heck even OSU has Bon Jovi YouTube - Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive

Dont get me wrong I love Boomer Sooner....but not really a song you can sing along with. Anyone have any ideas as to a song OU could play to fire up the crowd. I really like the classic songs with a twist...the remixs; like the second videos for Alabama, and West Virginia.

2. Default Re: Firing up the crowd with music

Quote Originally Posted by westsidesooner View Post
    the south division lead, and a BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP elimination game how could I? I just hope the rest of you are as fired up as I am. Scared a little, but fired up. I'm hoping the crowd will be the loudest its been in years too.

My prediction OU 52- Texas Tech 45
    Typical.

3. Default Re: Firing up the crowd with music

Thunderstruck.

Default Re: Firing up the crowd with music

You're the reason God made Oklahoma....
    Sorry first Oklahoma type song that came to mind.
    Hey Toby is at all the games give him a mic and something will happen.
    Re-write red white and blue, courtesy of the Crimson and Cream...

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Typical.
    So, what's your prediction? And, do you have any song suggestions or are you just here to hate?

Quote Originally Posted by NativeOkie View Post
    You're the reason God made Oklahoma....
    Sorry first Oklahoma type song that came to mind.
    Hey Toby is at all the games give him a mic and something will happen.
    Re-write red white and blue, courtesy of the Crimson and Cream...
    Thats why I asked...I'm having a hard time thinking of a good song about Oklahoma, or with Oklahoma roots. Since I couldnt think of any songs I started thinking about artists from Oklahoma. Toby would be good, Ive never been a huge fan but I know hes talented. The only song I could think of thats energetic, has a good beat and Oklahoma related (by artist) is Garth Brooks --"Tearin it up". Theres always Bay city rollers.."Saturday night" or Eltons "Saturday" song...but not a lot of connection there. Id love suggestions if you have any. Thanks.

Those videos of the Wisconsin student section are awesome. Wish we had half their enthusiasm in our student section!

Thats why I asked...I'm having a hard time thinking of a good song about Oklahoma, or with Oklahoma roots. Since I couldnt think of any songs I started thinking about artists from Oklahoma. Toby would be good, Ive never been a huge fan but I know hes talented. The only song I could think of thats energetic, has a good beat and Oklahoma related (by artist) is Garth Brooks --"Tearin it up". Theres always Bay city rollers.."Saturday night" or Eltons "Saturday" song...but not a lot of connection there. Id love suggestions if you have any. Thanks.
    Ok,
    They call it Sooner Magic.
    So therefore some rockin magic song.
    or "we are the champions"
    After all the stadium is surrounded with championship dates.

Once a year you play "Mama don't you babies grow up to be cowboys"
    make em be doctors (not Vet's) Lawyers and such.
    We know where the States Med and Law school resides.
    Theme from Patton, Okie from muskogee....

So,......Bob Stoops has called us out http://newsok.com/stadium-no-factor-...ad_story_title I take some offense to what he said, but what the hey. I hope we answer his call this weekend. I'm ready. I may not be able to talk Sunday morning but it'll be worth it if we win. (note to self...buy cough drops and hot tea)

Quote Originally Posted by oumoodman85 View Post
    Those videos of the Wisconsin student section are awesome. Wish we had half their enthusiasm in our student section!
    Agreed. If I can stay in my seat for the entire game and yell my head off, a bunch of 19 and 20 year old students should be able to as well. I'm calling out the students.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeOkie View Post
    Ok,
    They call it Sooner Magic.
    So therefore some rockin magic song.
    or "we are the champions"
    After all the stadium is surrounded with championship dates.

Once a year you play "Mama don't you babies grow up to be cowboys"
    make em be doctors (not Vet's) Lawyers and such.
    We know where the States Med and Law school resides.
    Theme from Patton, Okie from muskogee....
    Good call NativeOkie. We will rock you would be a good song before kickoff. We are the Champions would be great after the game. (with all due respect to OSU since we still have to play them too) And "Its a kinda Magic" would be awesome. Maybe change it to IT IS SOONER MAGIC.

A quote from Freddie Mercury:

"It’s a kind of magic
    It’s a kind of magic
    A kind of magic
    One dream one soul, one prize
    One goal, one golden glance of what should be
    It’s a kind of magic"

Maybe play this song with a video of all the sooner magic plays and champions of the past before the game on the new video board YouTube - Queen - A Kind Of Magic (Live at wembley 1986)......I'd even let them borrow my fog machine for effects

I'd even be thrilled if more people sang OKLAHOMA when its played. How many states/schools have a song this familiar to the world?

You would if you could still come back in from O'Connell's after half-time

I'm hoping the crowd will be the loudest its been in years too.

I was wondering about the music video they usually play in the third quarter to hype the crowd. I Hate it. Who picks that music out? I would think OU being a powerhouse in college football would also have a great video or song to really get the crowd going. Something they can get into. Dance to. Something they can sing.

Anyone have any ideas as to a song OU could play to fire up the crowd.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU football music gods. I asked for a song OU fans could get fired up for and you delivered. (maybe someone was listening) By far the best atmosphere in Norman in years. Jump Around YouTube - OU Jump Around vs Texas Tech

Wish granted. We still have some catching up to do to be as spirited as Wisconsin, but it was a GREAT start.Too bad it was the last home game of the season. If whoever is responsible for playing Jump Around is listening: Keep it up next year, and again THANK YOU.

Quotes from ESPN:

"I can't remember a game where I even had near as much fun," Bradford said.

That sent the noisy fans -- who'd been challenged by Stoops this week for not being raucous enough -- into a frenzy. The Sooners joined the record-setting sellout crowd of 85,646 by hopping up and down on the sideline as House of Pain's "Jump Around" blared over the loudspeaker.

"It was the best feeling ever. The crowd was nuts," cornerback Dominique Franks said.

the jump around moment when we went up 42-7 was the most incredible thing I have ever witnessed at an OU game. There were 70 year old people hopping around, there was an old guy with a cain that couldn't jump but he was up on his feet raising the roof

Just think next week in Stillwater the people wearing orange will wave their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    the jump around moment when we went up 42-7 was the most incredible thing I have ever witnessed at an OU game. There were 70 year old people hopping around, there was an old guy with a cain that couldn't jump but he was up on his feet raising the roof
    Agreed.....it was so spontaneous and so well participated in. Usually OU fans are reeeeaaaally laid back. Old people, kids, students, the players, everybody seemed to get into it...I even saw some people in the donors secton jumpin'. It is and will be one of my favorite football memories for a long time. And I've seen alot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    I totally forgot about this thread until now. How ironic that we were discussing the Wisconsin student section and Herbstreit actually says during the clip on YouTube, "Are we in Madison?"

That was the most raucous crowd since the Nebraska game in 2000. But that single moment was probably the most fun I've ever had at an OU home game!

16. Default Re: Firing up the crowd with music

Agreed.....it was so spontaneous and so well participated in. Usually OU fans are reeeeaaaally laid back. Old people, kids, students, the players, everybody seemed to get into it...I even saw some people in the donors secton jumpin'. It is and will be one of my favorite football memories for a long time. And I've seen alot of games.
    Everyone's usually too cool for school...but not this weekend!

Thread Information