Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEC NW 178th & May

Northwest OKC SEC NW 178th & May

This property was recently sold to a developer that tends to put in a lot of chain fast food.

Based on the curb cuts and the division of parcels shown below, I'm sure more of the same is coming.

Default Re: SEC NW 178th & May

Crossing my fingers for an HTea0.....

HTeaO, Dutch Bros, Salad and Go, Taco Casa, Scooters...

All are aggressively expanding in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    HTeaO, Dutch Bros, Salad and Go, Taco Casa, Scooters...

All are aggressively expanding in the area.
    I'm not familiar with HTeaO, but it sounds like it could be something I would like. Same for Taco Casa, but the others I haven't been impressed with. There is already a Starbucks and a Taco Bell at that intersection.

This area has been a food dessert for years, both in restaurants and grocery stores. We're thankful that new businesses are finally opening here.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I'm not familiar with HTeaO, but it sounds like it could be something I would like. Same for Taco Casa, but the others I haven't been impressed with. There is already a Starbucks and a Taco Bell at that intersection.

This area has been a food dessert for years, both in restaurants and grocery stores. We're thankful that new businesses are finally opening here.
    If you go to HTeaO, I would suggest going in-store and not drive through. That will give you the time to sample the teas as needed.

Dutch Bros is usually pretty good. But their order takers are frustrating sometimes if you don't know their menu by heart.

Looks like infrastructure work is getting underway. There were a handful of guys onsite and some of those big steel or concrete things that seem to appear anytime construction is beginning on undeveloped land.

7Brew is one of the business going in here.

8. Default Re: SEC NW 178th & May

Was wondering if they were a chain.... One is close to opening in Ardmore

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Was wondering if they were a chain.... One is close to opening in Ardmore
    And on the NE corner of 39th & Portland.

10. Default Re: SEC NW 178th & May

We had an Abelardo's Mexican Fresh open up in Ardmore in an old Jack in the Box recently.... Nebraska based, like Scooter's, and appears to be their second Oklahoma location. Wonder if they'll expand into OKC soon.

I was hoping this was a beer establishment but I see it's coffee. Hopefully it's better than Scooters and at least they serve espresso based drinks, unlike Dutch Bros.

I think it's going to be hard to compete with the Starbucks a few hundred feet away.

I was hoping this was a beer establishment but I see it's coffee. Hopefully it's better than Scooters and at least they serve espresso based drinks, unlike Dutch Bros.

I think it's going to be hard to compete with the Starbucks a few hundred feet away.
    Not a coffee drinker, but the two Dutch Bros I pass in Edmond (15th St and 2nd St) have a Starbucks on the opposite corner, and never seem to have cars in the drive thru, while Starbucks is doing business as usual.

I'm not sure the CVS/Walgreen's opposite corner plan works in this case, my friends who drink coffee are very brand loyal to Starbucks.

Oh man, right across the street from the shadiest gas station north of the Turnpike

Not a fan of Dutch Bros., but they do serve espresso and espresso-based drinks, we've had them (once).

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Oh man, right across the street from the shadiest gas station north of the Turnpike
    That place used to have great catfish and other fried stuff, patronized it a few times when we lived up there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Not a fan of Dutch Bros., but they do serve espresso and espresso-based drinks, we've had them (once).
    Interesting. The one time we went was the Broadway location and they told me they didn't serve espresso drinks. I'll have to check back at that or another location, as I'm always looking for new Cappucino's to try.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    That place used to have great catfish and other fried stuff, patronized it a few times when we lived up there.
    I haven't been in about 9 months, but all of their hot food was good. Many people describe their catfish as being among the best they're tried and my wife really likes their fried chicken, as well. I worry that the new 7-11 will put them out of business. They used to do a TON of beer business but when the laws changed, they stopped carrying it. I think most of their business is yard people buying no-ethanol gas in the morning and then eating lunch there. They used to come back by at the end of the day, for beer.

Salad and Go taking a spot on this corner.

Salad and Go taking a spot on this corner.
    Not excited to hear this. I tried the one on 164th and Western and was NOT impressed with the breakfast burrito. I haven't tried their salad, yet.

Not excited to hear this. I tried the one on 164th and Western and was NOT impressed with the breakfast burrito. I haven't tried their salad, yet.
    Bummer. I have had good luck at Salad and Go with the salad options, and for $6-7 it's a great salad and probably a much healthier option at the price point compared to typical fast food. Also excited that this area is finally getting some attention from developers as for years most food selections for those on 178th and Penn was a trip down Memorial Road.

Salad and Go quickly went up at Covell and Kelly and it's a very small footprint for a store, wonder what else is going here as it looks like there are two other parcels. I believe HTeaO was one of the other stores?

^

7 Brew going in on that corner as well.

23. Default Re: SEC NW 178th & May

Bite your tongue!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Bite your tongue!
    My family didn't like the breakfast burritos either. Their salads are great though.

Definitely try the salads, if salads are your thing. The chicken caesar is my go-to, and I get it several times a month. I am hoping we eventually get one a little closer to The Village, though.

Thread Information