Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods to open in Moore

Default Dick's Sporting Goods Coming to Moore?

7) Consider approval of a Sales Tax Rebate Agreement with Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. Economic Development Page 68
    ACTION: __________________________________________________ ________

This is on the Agenda for the Moore City Council. Looks like Moore may be getting a new sporting goods store.

Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods Coming to Moore?

This would be great. Academy and Bass Pro really need some competition for reasons stated in other threads on Dicks SG.

Case and point, I went to Bass Pro and Academy yesterday for some camping gear, they have a VERY limited selection, like one aisle of goods or less, many of which were out of stock. All the while they have a whole section of the store for hunting and fishing. Several aisles of just lures.

Great news there and I agree Metro. But I'd figured Bass Pro would be stocked with camping stuff.

Great addition to Moore...Really will be very few reasons to go outside of Moore to shop by 2014

If you really enjoy camping (and I am not talking about Oklahoma camping, but hiking/backpacking to your campsite, not pull up and park) Bass Pro and Academy have a horrible selection of gear IMO. There are really only two options in the OKC area Backwoods and REI.com (so I guess really just one). Never been to a Dicks SG, but I will sure give them a try. Great news!

Dick's is not quite as good for camping. They don't compare to REI. REI is the standard for all others to compare in the camping/hiking realm.

I agree. Bass Pro and Academy were VERY underwhelming, pathetic selection. Walmart has as much as Academy. I went to Backwoods today. Nice store, but too small and limited selection, although better quality gear. I've been to REI and agree its the gold standard and would LOVE one here. Dicks is limited on camping but still would prefer it over what we have now. I guess fishing rules at local sporting goods stores.

Quote Originally Posted by swilki View Post
    ...There are really only two options in the OKC area Backwoods and REI.com (so I guess really just one). ...
    Visiting REI in Dallas helps make my youngest son happy he moved there for school.

Dicks is currently bidding for remodel on a new location at 2220 West Memorial Road....

Awesome! What is your news source.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Dicks is currently bidding for remodel on a new location at 2220 West Memorial Road....
    Is that the Ultimate Electronics space?

Oh please be true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Is that the Ultimate Electronics space?
    I looked it up and all the results say it's a Mattress Firm and I do believe there is a Mattress Firm in the Quail Springs Marketplace which is the same shopping strip that Ultimate Electronics is in. I live right around the corner from there so it would be awesome either way.

I would think it would have to be the Ultimate Electronics space. It's the largest one there, and Mattress Firm seems way too small.

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    I would think it would have to be the Ultimate Electronics space. It's the largest one there, and Mattress Firm seems way too small.
    I'm willing to bet that it is the Ultimate Electronics space, I was just "reporting" my search. I definately want it to go into the Ultimate Electronics space if Dick's is indeed bidding for a remodel there.

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    I was just "reporting" my search.
    Oh, I know, I mean when you google that address there are multiples tenants, so it must be 2220 for the whole center (and then suite #'s).

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    Oh, I know, I mean when you google that address there are multiples tenants, so it must be 2220 for the whole center (and then suite #'s).
    I believe you're correct. I was starting to think that was the case but didn't think to actually suggest it.

What about the old Books A Million building?

Here is the link.....I will see if I can find plans today which should get us the actual space.

Ultimate Electronics old address was 2120 West Memorial Road.

https://www.bidclerk.com/project.1889677.html?orig=cba

Wow, thanks. The site plan on this shows it to be the Shops at Quail Springs, north of the Turnpike. I can't figure out the location, based on being the intersection of Penn and 140th, it makes it look like it would be in the Target parking lot. LOL

I completely agree....something is not right with the plan. I left a message with the develop to ask for clarification.

No, north of the Target, in that vacant field.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    No, north of the Target, in that vacant field.
    Then that would be a Penn address. The plans state 2201 West Memorial Road so I believe the plans have the wrong address...

Very nice. I wonder what is going in next to the walmart on Penn in between the discount tire and freddys. They cleared a HUGE area there.

Thread Information