Widgets Magazine

Thread: Integris Hospital coming to moore?

Default Integris Hospital coming to moore?

Okay it has been a couple or so years now that I noticed integris hospital bought land on s.w 34th street between I-35 and telephone road. Does anyone know if they are going to or have plans on building a hospital soon? The land is such prime land for development.

Default Re: Integris Hospital comming to moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Okay it has been a couple or so years now that I noticed integris hospital bought land on s.w 34th street between I-35 and telephone road. Does anyone know if they are going to or have plans on building a hospital soon? The land is such prime land for development.
    it has been in operation for about 3-5 yrs now. Pretty sure Norman Regional has it now.

thats odd the land i am talking about is still empty and about 3 months ago i noticed the integris billboard which has been up for years now. i really havent looked lately to see if its still there off 34th street and the service rd

From what i understand they still own the land but I really doubt they will build a hospital there now. I think its pretty apparent that Moore can't support a hospital long term and with Norman moving over off of Tecumseh and Moore Medical being what, ~ a mile and change from where Integris owns land? that it doesn't make sense. Last thing I heard was perhaps just a doctor's office/medical facility but who knows if that will even happen. MY opinion is that they have no intention of building anything and are just holding onto the land waiting to cash out once everything around it sells out and starts filling up.

5. Default Re: Integris Hospital comming to moore?

I would think another hospital in Moore would just be overkill for the area. With Norman Regional, Moore Medical, and now the Healthplex - it is pretty well covered I would think. Granted the Healthplex on Tecumseh doesn't have 24-hour emergency services, but still offers a ton of other services.

I would agree with the statement that they are just sitting on the land until they can sell it for a nice profit.

My Sources with INTEGRIS tell me there are plans for Moore at some point. Many other projects are ahead of Moore including renovation and expansion projects at Baptist and Southwest. Baptist has plans for another tower and or a parking garage. The tower would be well underway however the federal healthcare bill put the brakes on many projects. They have switched gears and as any wise company would they are bracing for increased cost and less income for uninsured or government program care. This healthcare bill is already causing shortfalls because some people think hospitals are now free. Many are finding out the hard way medical care bills have to be paid. If you take a look at oscn hospitals across the state are suing for unpaid bills. Most cases end with default judgements and the immediately filing of garnisments.

It should probably be noted that Norman Regional is struggling. They overpaid for Moore Medical Center and they spent too much building the Healthplex. At one point they only had 90 days in cash reserve. (number of days the hospital could run paying the bills with no patients) Most hospitals run on average 200-250. 90 days is more or less in the neighborhood of bankruptcy status which is 60 days or less.

Default Re: Integris Hospital coming to moore?

Not good for Norman. I'm still not sure why they decided to bail out Moore (glad they did) but then again, building in Moore seems unneeded with the Healthplex going in a few miles south. Knowing the fate of the original Moore Hospital I was surprised to hear of them building the Moore Medical Center and although convenient, I still didn't visualize it being used enough to be profitable. Apparently my intuition was correct.

8. Default Re: Integris Hospital coming to moore?

I've seen this in other areas where for profit hospital operators come in and over expand to get market share. They get out of the business of caring for patients and into the business of increasing revenues/profits/market share.

My home town has two major hospital operators. A private for profit company and a non-profit Catholic group. This doesn't include the university hospital that is there. The Catholic group was the largest operator there for decades and offered many cutting edge and leading technologies to the public. The for profit group was strong as well, but didn't have the market share. Out of no where they decided to launch 3 new hospitals (in a city half the size of OKC) and placed them all with in a mile of the Catholic hospitals. Not a shocker...1 is closed, 1 downsized, and the other didn't even get passed ground breaking.

It kind of seems like the same thing here. Opening of more hospitals where the population density doesn't demand it. It is all about market share and making more money - not about patient care. The Catholic hospitals back north never bled cash and always did well. Their costs were no higher than anyone else around and they accepted all major insurance companies. They also had no problem taking in people take could pay and cover the costs for them - part of their mission.

It kind of makes you wonder what would happen if hospitals got back to be patient care facilities and not revenue generating engines. Not say all for profit hospitals are bad, but sometimes I think the core mission gets sidetracked in the quest for green.

RiverWalk phase 1 will be built on Telephone Rd.,is this the development you guys are talking about?http://www.vanguarddevelopment.com/u.../Riverwalk.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    RiverWalk phase 1 will be built on Telephone Rd.,is this the development you guys are talking about?http://www.vanguarddevelopment.com/u.../Riverwalk.pdf
    I totally forgot about this. Have they started this yet, and if not, when do they plan to? I never heard.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I've seen this in other areas where for profit hospital operators come in and over expand to get market share. They get out of the business of caring for patients and into the business of increasing revenues/profits/market share.

My home town has two major hospital operators. A private for profit company and a non-profit Catholic group. This doesn't include the university hospital that is there. The Catholic group was the largest operator there for decades and offered many cutting edge and leading technologies to the public. The for profit group was strong as well, but didn't have the market share. Out of no where they decided to launch 3 new hospitals (in a city half the size of OKC) and placed them all with in a mile of the Catholic hospitals. Not a shocker...1 is closed, 1 downsized, and the other didn't even get passed ground breaking.

It kind of seems like the same thing here. Opening of more hospitals where the population density doesn't demand it. It is all about market share and making more money - not about patient care. The Catholic hospitals back north never bled cash and always did well. Their costs were no higher than anyone else around and they accepted all major insurance companies. They also had no problem taking in people take could pay and cover the costs for them - part of their mission.

It kind of makes you wonder what would happen if hospitals got back to be patient care facilities and not revenue generating engines. Not say all for profit hospitals are bad, but sometimes I think the core mission gets sidetracked in the quest for green.
    Could this be Deja Vu for you? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    I totally forgot about this. Have they started this yet, and if not, when do they plan to? I never heard.
    Vanguard Development Company has broken ground with a two story, 31,500 s.f., class A, professional office and medical building. The shell is scheduled to be complete in April 2012. Work on tenant spaces can start in March and tenants can be open for business in June.

Telephone Road from the Norman Regional HealthPlex north to Moore Medical Center is becoming an active medical service corridor. Vanguard Development Company anticipates some medical tenants in the building. There is also a need for modern, professional office space in Moore as well. I would anticipate a mix of medical office and professional office users in the building.

http://www.vanguarddevelopment.com/u.../Riverwalk.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by michael platt View Post
    Vanguard Development Company has broken ground with a two story, 31,500 s.f., class A, professional office and medical building. The shell is scheduled to be complete in April 2012. Work on tenant spaces can start in March and tenants can be open for business in June.

Telephone Road from the Norman Regional HealthPlex north to Moore Medical Center is becoming an active medical service corridor. Vanguard Development Company anticipates some medical tenants in the building. There is also a need for modern, professional office space in Moore as well. I would anticipate a mix of medical office and professional office users in the building.

http://www.vanguarddevelopment.com/u.../Riverwalk.pdf
    Very nice! Thank you for the information!

Thread Information