Widgets Magazine

Thread: La Michoacana

Default La Michoacana

If you are looking for a great mexican meat market, try La Michoacana on SW 29th and McKinley. I buy their Bistek Marinado ( marinated flank steak ) for $3.89 lb. Grill it over medium heat, slice it and serve on tortillas with onion and cilantro or pico de gallo. It is simply awesome!

Default Re: La Michoacana

I'll second that.

always looking for new places... will have to give 'em a try. ever go to el mariachi on 59th? how does michoacana compare?

-M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    always looking for new places... will have to give 'em a try. ever go to el mariachi on 59th? how does michoacana compare?

-M
    I've never bought any meat from El Mariachi, so I can't provide a comparison. I used to buy my Chorizo from from Buy-4-Less (still Grider's to me) at 29th and May. But once I started buying meat at La Michoacana, I have not been anywhere else. Their selection and quailty is very good.

The best meat is the Rodeo meat market on 59 st. They have the best prices in town and the most fresh products.

went to el michoacana after work... waited 10 minutes and still came up empty handed. they were busy, so i won't fault them for that. i'd say the selection and prices are comparable to el mariachi, so i'll probably continue going there. glad i checked it out, though.

-M

can anyone even pronounce this word?? lol...my best try is lah mitch-ee-oh-chee-oh-cah-nah.

well... in my best highschool spanish:

mitch-wah-kah'-nah.

-M

In case you all didn't know, La Michoacana is a Houston based chain. I believe the OKC store is the only one outside of Texas.

Thread Information