Widgets Magazine

Thread: Stillwater and Fracking

Default Stillwater and Fracking

A big push against Fracking seems to be taking place in Stillwater, but not without a fight and some vandalism.

Anti-Fracking Signs Vandalized In Payne County - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

2. Default Re: Stillwater and Fracking

Tuesday night the Stillwater Planning Commission is considering a ban of injection wells inside the city limits. That meeting is at 5:30 p.n. If the planning commission and city council passes it, Stillwater would be the first city in Oklahoma to ban injection wells.
    I wonder how long it will be until the state legislature passes a law that prevents cities from banning injection wells...

Default Re: Stillwater and Fracking

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure it's around the corner.

There ought to be a camera on the signs to see whose doing it. High school kids? An old man? A neighbor lady? Oil field workers?

The last I knew of an oil well drilled in Stillwater was several years ago. It's been producing oil and OSU gets some of the royalties.

5. Default Re: Stillwater and Fracking

It's probably my father-in-law, lol.

I think most people have grown complacent about the earthquakes, due to them usually lasting only a second or two with a jolt or two. And most people aren't feeling the full impact of them, since they commonly center out in the middle of nowhere, rather than under a town. Still a good number of people are mighty concerned about them and about other harms and complaints that fracking and oil injection wells appear to be causing: http://www.ocolly.com/news/article_1...4be018414.html

Thread Information