Widgets Magazine

Thread: Email Notifications

Patrick Guest

Default Email Notifications

I have received several complaints recently from new users concerning the email notifications that are dispatched when their posts are replied to. They consider it spam.

We have now turned the default email notification feature off.

If you would like to receive email notifications each time a user posts a "new" reply to one of your posts, you will have to select that option in your user control panel.

Go to "What's New" (your User Control Panel), click on "Edit Options," and change the setting under "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Instant Email Notification."

Here's the link for quicker access: http://www.okctalk.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

2. Default Re: Email Notifications

The could have just read the thread I started that you posted an answer in. But no, they're too busy reading their email that makes them mad, than reading posts on here that will make them relax... (unless it's Giggles posting)

Default Re: Email Notifications

[QUOTE=Patrick;73558]I have received several complaints recently from new users concerning the email notifications that are dispatched when their posts are replied to. They consider it spam.

I guess what is one man's spam is another's bread and butter!!! I do internet and snail contests and sweepstakes and consequently get a lot of spam (part of the cost of entering said contests) sprinkled with the occasional "you have won" email that always makes my heart skip a beat. Had two last month and I am basking in the glow of the win!!! I always figured that the delete button quickly rids my inbox of the offending "spam" much quicker than cursing the dark (so to speak)!!
    Ok, back to the sofa!

Thread Information