Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Building in Front of Lowes

Default New Building in Front of Lowes

What is the new building in front of Lowe's and next to Freddie's? I just drove by on the highway yesterday and didn't see a sign. Anyone know? I hope it is a restaurant that is not fast food - that place is so easy to get to from Telephone Rd! I hate driving through the 19th st - Telephone Rd intersection during rush hour, the bad planning of the intersection is clear and the lights are very strange.

2. Default Re: New Building in Front of Lowes

I saw a Weokie Credit Union sign as I was driving home the other day. I didn't get a good look at it so it could just be the "financed by Weokie Credit Union" sign or could be another branch.

3. Default Re: New Building in Front of Lowes

Wasn't there supposed to be another TGI Fridays over there? I remember that being announced.

Default Re: New Building in Front of Lowes

The TGI Friday's has been dropped on Moore's website so I assume it has fallen thru

Nothing describing the new build on their announcements webpage as far as I can tell...Wonder if the tenant didn't want it announced beforehand for some reason?

The announcements page has not been updated to much in the last 4 months or so. They were keeping on top of it thru fall but then they let it slide a lot it seems. Might just have been no real info to update though, not sure.
    MEDA: Retail - Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by soonerliberal View Post
    I saw a Weokie Credit Union sign as I was driving home the other day. I didn't get a good look at it so it could just be the "financed by Weokie Credit Union" sign or could be another branch.
    Your right it is going to be a Weokie branch. The sign states that and if you look close you can see the structure for the vault and where the drive thru lanes are going to be located.

Oh boy a Weokie branch

8. Default Re: New Building in Front of Lowes

I suppose that would make sense. And I think it's great to have all the credit unions located in one general area, it's a great way to draw in crowds to the restaurants surounding the area that might not typically be there. It is rather unexciting to go through the suspense of wondering what it might be and then find out it's a frecking bank.

9. Default Re: New Building in Front of Lowes

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Oh boy a Weokie branch

Nothing worse than another business with a dumb name.

It is clearly a bank... you could see the drivethru stalls up today.... sad.

I pulled this off of Clayco Construction's website. This probably what the branch will look like. Even though some of you may not like the idea of a new branch, I am willing to bet Weokie's customers who live in that area will like having one closer to home.

I pulled this off of Weokie's website. If you think about it, it is not a stupid name. It is actually a creative name.

WEOKIE's History
    At WEOKIE, we trace the history of our credit union back to 1969 when the employees of Western Electric of Oklahoma (now Lucent Technologies) pooled their resources to form a cooperative. Today WEOKIE has grown to become one of the largest credit unions in Oklahoma, serving tens of thousands of members with a full range of financial products and services.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconCheeseburgerDeluxe View Post
    I pulled this off of Clayco Construction's website. This probably what the branch will look like. Even though some of you may not like the idea of a new branch, I am willing to bet Weokie's customers who live in that area will like having one closer to home.

Most definitely...Just not real exciting to those of us who aren't....Was hoping for a cool mystery restaurant or bar to go in there

14. Default Re: New Building in Front of Lowes

Quote Originally Posted by BaconCheeseburgerDeluxe View Post
    I pulled this off of Weokie's website. If you think about it, it is not a stupid name. It is actually a creative name.

WEOKIE's History
    At WEOKIE, we trace the history of our credit union back to 1969 when the employees of Western Electric of Oklahoma (now Lucent Technologies) pooled their resources to form a cooperative. Today WEOKIE has grown to become one of the largest credit unions in Oklahoma, serving tens of thousands of members with a full range of financial products and services.
    You say creative. I say (I actually said dumb) stupid. Weokie sounds like a black slang way of saying "we are Okies."

Thread Information