Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lawton Lands 300 "NEW" Jobs

Default Lawton Lands 300 "NEW" Jobs

FYI, nice for Lawton!!

N.E.W. Customer Service Companies, Inc. Brings Jobs To Lawton
    June 20, 2007 -- N.E.W. Customer Service Companies, Inc. (NEW), a leading provider of extended service contracts and buyer protection programs for consumer products, is pleased to announce the expansion of their customer call center operations into the community of Lawton-Fort Sill, creating approximately 300 work-from-home customer care representative jobs. The Virginia-based company surveyed more than 237 locations during the selection process and Lawton-Fort Sill ranked at the top of their list.

"We are pleased to welcome NEW to our growing and vibrant community. NEW brings a job model that has proven successful for them in other locations throughout the country and we are confident that they will be successful here. Legitimate work from home opportunities like those offered by NEW are gaining momentum as a business model and will offer flexible job opportunities for the citizens of our region." Commented Dana Davis, President and CEO of the Lawton Fort Sill Chamber of Commerce.

Lawton Mayor John Purcell added, "NEW's location decision to bring hundreds of jobs to the Lawton-Fort Sill area is further proof that Southwest Oklahoma is on the national target list for many growing companies. The quality of our area labor force is providing new and expanding companies one of the best locations in the entire nation. Our local economy continues to expand at a rapid pace through the investment of several companies like NEW and we welcome them to our fine City."

Commenting on the expansion, Ray Zukowski, NEW's Senior Vice President, Customer Experience, said, "NEW's continued growth and success has made it necessary to expand the company's communication center operations. We chose Lawton because of the generous welcome and outstanding support provided through the Lawton-Fort Sill Economic Development Team. Our extensive research indicated that Lawton is a good fit for our company due to the well-educated work force and significant military presence. In fact, we have been so impressed with our initial experience in Lawton that the decision to launch a Work At Home training site here was a simple one to make."

NEW's move to Lawton, Oklahoma has truly been a team effort. With efforts spearheaded by Economic Development Director Court Newkirk, the Economic Development Team of Lawton-Fort Sill has worked tirelessly to pave the way for NEW's entry into the area, and Great Plains Technology Center has stepped up to serve as the site for NEW's employee training.

Potential employees are encouraged to attend one of four Community Information Sessions on Thursday, June 21st at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. at the Worley Seminar Center in Building 300, Room 301. Interviews begin immediately and the first six-week training programs begin July 16th. For more information about career opportunities as a Customer Care Representative with NEW, or to apply for a job online, visit Home-Based CCR - NEW Corp .

About N.E.W. Customer Service Companies, Inc. (NEW)
    NEW is the nation's leading provider of extended service plans, buyer protection services and product support, providing coverage to more than 100 million consumers. With corporate headquarters in Sterling, VA, NEW provides award-winning post-sale consumer care for leading retailers, manufacturers, utilities and financial services firms. For more information, please visit NEW at www.newcorp.com .

Default Re: Lawton Lands 300 "NEW" Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMann View Post
    FYI, nice for Lawton!!
    Wow, I was offered a work from home job, unfortunately, I didn't see how I could program, design and do everything under the sun, in my spare time from school, for 9 bucks an hour.

This would be a good job! Thanks for the posting!

Default Re: Lawton Lands 300 "NEW" Jobs

I would assume these jobs would be full time second income for families types of jobs. Obviously, some may wind up doing this a a primary income. I don't see how people could survive on this amount as a primary income. I would also assume that the wealth of military families in Lawton might be a reason New made the decision to land in the area?

Thread Information