Widgets Magazine

Thread: Portland/Hwy 74 north of Memorial

Question Portland/Hwy 74 north of Memorial

Does anybody know the timeline of this widening project? Are there any drawings of what they have planned for 150th and 164th and Portland? I have heard the are putting in bridges and overpasses on those intersections. Can anyone confirm this? I looked at the ODOT map and all they say is 2011/2012.

Default Re: Portland/Hwy 74 north of Memorial

I've been wondering about this as well. Thank you for starting this thread.

This road widening is way overdue. Like about 10 years.

Good gosh this area is a pain during rush hour and you dont want to get caught turning left and have to wait for a half mile long line of cars until the light turns red again!

ODOT's 8 year work plans currently shows the following:

FY 2012 - SH-74 FROM NORTH OF MEMORIAL RD.5 MILES NORTH OF NW 164TH ST (FULL CONTROL ACCESS AND INTERCHANGE) $27,183,871

FY 2015 - SH-74 FROM APPROX. .5 MILE NORTH OF NW 164TH ST. NORTH 2.5 MI TO NW 206TH (COVELL ROAD) $18,745,944

6. Default Re: Portland/Hwy 74 north of Memorial

It appears that at least 164th with have a limited access interchange, but it doesn't specifically say 150th will. Should I assume it will?

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Good gosh this area is a pain during rush hour and you dont want to get caught turning left and have to wait for a half mile long line of cars until the light turns red again!
    Agree. The few times I have been there around rush hour, I bypassed it by taking Memorial over to the next major intersection and then proceeding from there. May have to double back some depending on where you are heading but could be faster.

A friend of mine owns property along Portland at one of the intersections in question. He recently spoke with ODOT and they are planning to have a bridge over 150th and a full interchange at 164th. Apparently there were several lawsuits between landowners and ODOT that had to be settled before beginning construction. Construction is to begin in February 2012.

9. Default Re: Portland/Hwy 74 north of Memorial

I drove this area a week or two ago. Construction had not started, and it didn't look eminent. What is the timeframe of this project now?

What is the timeframe of this project now?
    2015 budget year has a 2.5 mile segment just north of Memorial Road, 2016 budget year has another 2.5 mile segment just north of the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    I drove this area a week or two ago. Construction had not started, and it didn't look eminent. What is the timeframe of this project now?
    Utilities are currently being relocated to allow for construction in a few years.

Thread Information