Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bob Howard Toyota

Angry Bob Howard Toyota

Family member recently purchased a vehicle from Bob Howard Toyota.
    Finance manager lied about credit report and charged high interest.
    Then swapped the finance charge for benefits such as prepaid maintenance.
    He lied about what is included in the maintenance plan as well.
    The details were sent in the mail weeks later.
    Now it's too late to return the vehicle.
    I feel duped as well because I was careless when I should have helped more in the financing process.

2. Default Re: Bob Howard Toyota

Finance manager lied about credit report and charged high interest.
    That sounds like a horrible transaction. Can you prove the above about the credit score? If so, I would first talk to management. If that fails to get results, threaten to go to one of the programs 'In your Corner'. If they don't respond to that,

In Your Corner

You can contact the In Your Corner Hotline at:
    405- 478-6363

InYourCorner@kfor.com

Call them or email and see if they can help.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Bob Howard Toyota

The slicked back hair F&I guys are the biggest weasels in the whole car buying process...Their main function is to screw you over as much as possible...You think it can't get any worse once you finally get past the sales fun, but the finance aspect is where you can get burned the worst

They are very successful cause by the time you get to them you are already exhausted by the 3 hours sales process....They make great money, but are barely a notch above con artists on the ethics scale

4. Default Re: Bob Howard Toyota

I agree and hate the whole car buying process. I try to buy only used cars (2-5 yrs) that I can finance through my credit union and be paid off in 2 years at the most.

5. Default Re: Bob Howard Toyota

Same here, I refuse to even go to a dealer.. I usually buy my cars privately just to avoid that crap.. Weokie Credit has some great rates..

MadMonk Guest

A few years ago I had the opportunity to buy a car with cash and it was fun watching them try to wiggle in ways to get me to spend more money. At first they didn't really believe I was serious about paying cash (or check) and they kept trying to talk payments and financing. I finally told the guy, "Look, either you want my money or you don't. Don't mention financing or payments again or you've lost the sale". It was loads of fun and I highly recommend it if you get the chance.

7. Default Re: Bob Howard Toyota

Okay sounds good, can I borrow some cash? Just to try it, you know? lol

Experienced the same deal madmonk when my dad passed away a few years ago...They don't want cash deals as they can't prop up their profits with elevated interest rates....The 2 cars before that I just went with whatever their interest rate showed and then paid it off with a bank loan after the first payment

I bet they begged you to take the extended warranty with that cash deal madmonk

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Experienced the same deal madmonk when my dad passed away a few years ago...They don't want cash deals as they can't prop up their profits with elevated interest rates....The 2 cars before that I just went with whatever their interest rate showed and then paid it off with a bank loan after the first payment

I bet they begged you to take the extended warranty with that cash deal madmonk
    Bingo! Extended warranty and prepaid maintenance packages.

I actually did something similar to what you said on another (separate) deal. I just took whatever financing they offered and focused on the price and paid it off when I got the first bill. However on this one the car was a little older so I went ahead and purchased the extended warranty. It all worked out for the best though. The rear differential and A/C system went out while under warranty and it turns out that the warranty more than paid for itself. It's rare I know, but I guess I was lucky that time.

10. Default Re: Bob Howard Toyota

I gasp when I see those commericals for only $199 a month with little or nothing down and the fine print says 72-96 months!

We have become such a debt society.

11. Default Re: Bob Howard Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Bingo! Extended warranty and prepaid maintenance packages.

I actually did something similar to what you said on another (separate) deal. I just took whatever financing they offered and focused on the price and paid it off when I got the first bill. However on this one the car was a little older so I went ahead and purchased the extended warranty. It all worked out for the best though. The rear differential and A/C system went out while under warranty and it turns out that the warranty more than paid for itself. It's rare I know, but I guess I was lucky that time.
    I had some similar experiences with David Stanley, and would not be caught dead on their lots again. My last car was bought from Harvey's in Shawnee and I had a great experience. The finance guy was really good and did everything he said he would do.

BTW. Extended waranties? I will never make another major purchase withOUT one. The fuel pump failed on my last vehicle. Had it not been for the extended warranty, I would have been out $2,000 for a repair that could have been avoided by an honest dealer telling me a four cylender engine was not powerful enough (which I thought anyway, but he talked me out of the six I wanted). I actually MADE money on it. I paind $1400 for it, so I made a $600 profit.

MadMonk Guest

Yeah, the dealership where I purchases both vehicles is now out of business. They were as sleazy as any other, but they had the cars I wanted at the time. BTW, the warranty cost me $1,600, but the repairs covered under it were over $2,300. Win for me!

Patrick Guest

We do business with Dub Richardson Toyota. My wife bought her Corolla there.....got a really good deal on it.

And I use the service department there. They've always been 100% honest with me.

Thread Information