I just want to thank those that voted for helping to pass Tuesday's bond election at a whopping 80% approval. Now I don't know why anyone would ever vote no on this since it didn't raise taxes...but whatever.

This money now will help complete projects to allow the conversion of the high schools to 9-12 and the jr. highs to middle schools (6-8)...like the rest of the planet.

As an FYI, the new wing they are building on MCHS is being built with monies from a previous bond and isn't tied to the current election. So it would have been completed anyway.

This election will help fund all sorts of things such as repairs to roofs. MCHS had countless buckets all over the school in the recent rain...flat roofs suck. And most exciting for me (being the band nerd that I am), is the largest sum of fine arts money that Mid-Del has ever created (as far as I know). With the additional students at the high schools, we needed to order more instruments so the kids had something to play...and uniforms so they had something to wear!

So we can't thank everyone enough for their continued support of Mid-Del. These elections are how we are able to do these capital projects and we would be in bad shape if it weren't for the awesome community support!!!!