Widgets Magazine

Thread: AAA (as in the auto club) Auto and Homeowners Insurance

Default AAA (as in the auto club) Auto and Homeowners Insurance

does anyone have any experience with AAA (as in auto club) auto and/or homeowners insurance. They have been running tv spots for a while so I decided to get a quote. I'm currently with Farmers. . .and they quoted my auto 47% lower and my homeowners 53% lower (946 v 1838). MSN.Money ranks them above Farmers and State Farm but I personally do no know anyone who has coverage by them. Anyone know about them?

Default Re: AAA (as in the auto club) Auto and Homeowners Insurance

There was a spot on one of the local channels about them. Apparently a fellow in Moore is having a helluva time getting them to pay a claim while the remnants of his house is growing mold. Situation was bad enough to get the local tv reporter to demand some answers. The reply from them was a classic" the check was mailed last week". Six days later and no check yet. Sometimes rates are not the only thing to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    There was a spot on one of the local channels about them. Apparently a fellow in Moore is having a helluva time getting them to pay a claim while the remnants of his house is growing mold. Situation was bad enough to get the local tv reporter to demand some answers. The reply from them was a classic" the check was mailed last week". Six days later and no check yet. Sometimes rates are not the only thing to consider.
    Thanks Jersey Boss. . .Absolutely agree that rates are not the only thing. . .which is why I'm checking!! Do wonder if I'm being yanked around by Farmer's tho. . .insc went up by $500 in 11/12, new roof in May 12 courtesy of hail storm, premium dropped $800 due to new roof, now it's backup by $500 again. Have been with them close to 27 years. . . a couple of claims during that time. . nothing within last 10 yrs except May 12 roof.
    Know "tornado alley" has it's cost, but two jumps of $500 in 3 years seems a little much to me.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    Thanks Jersey Boss. . .Absolutely agree that rates are not the only thing. . .which is why I'm checking!! Do wonder if I'm being yanked around by Farmer's tho. . .insc went up by $500 in 11/12, new roof in May 12 courtesy of hail storm, premium dropped $800 due to new roof, now it's backup by $500 again. Have been with them close to 27 years. . . a couple of claims during that time. . nothing within last 10 yrs except May 12 roof.
    Know "tornado alley" has it's cost, but two jumps of $500 in 3 years seems a little much to me.
    I have been with Farmer's for 35 years, but will be shopping for a new company. After the may 30th storm I filed a claim and got no help, but plenty of CYA excuses as to why they owed me nothing from a 22 year old girl who knew nothing. Three separate instances of water and wind damage and they refused all three. We were a mile in front of the storm when it turned south. The vortices were so powerful my dryer vent was sucked out of the wall allowing water to enter, but they refused to pay. Requested a more experienced adjuster and got some idiot three states away who just wanted to argue, based on grainy photos sent by the first adjuster.

I have also been surprised by the seeming lack of concern by local agent. Over the years they covered dozens of cars, motorcycles, wave runners, rent houses, boats up to 40 feet, six high end homes in three states, no claims in many years, and the agent didn't even come by to see it himself.

5. Default Re: AAA (as in the auto club) Auto and Homeowners Insurance

My parents have had AAA for years. Twice in the past six years they have had the roof and siding replaced due to hail damage. They were perfectly happy with both claims. Not easy to please my dad. Their rate is pretty good also.

I had AAA quote my homeowners and they were almost twice what my current, Farmers, is. Insurance seems to be very hit-and-miss.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    Thanks Jersey Boss. . .Absolutely agree that rates are not the only thing. . .which is why I'm checking!! Do wonder if I'm being yanked around by Farmer's tho. . .insc went up by $500 in 11/12, new roof in May 12 courtesy of hail storm, premium dropped $800 due to new roof, now it's backup by $500 again. Have been with them close to 27 years. . . a couple of claims during that time. . nothing within last 10 yrs except May 12 roof. Know "tornado alley" has it's cost, but two jumps of $500 in 3 years seems a little much to me.
    Anecdotal here, but an acquaintance who had his house destroyed in Moore used USAA and got a no-questions-asked total destruction payoff including paying for the removal of the leftover debris and foundation from the land. The settlement took only a few minutes. His neighbor who used AAA, also had total destruction of his house was made to provide an itemized list of all possessions in his house and had a far more difficult time with the settlement even though virtually nothing could be salvaged.

As far as the auto club portion, I've used them for years and have been very happy with the service I have received - needing several jump starts over that time. Their charges for providing a tow outside the basic small area where the car was found is rather excessive, however.

Thread Information