Widgets Magazine

Thread: Recommend a car dealership?

Default Recommend a car dealership?

Hi we went to the Auto Show; thankfully did not have to pay full price; very disappointing. However, it did give us some ideas about new cars--especially Chevy & Ford. We haven't purchased for some time, and the dealers from whom we bought are long out of business.

Anyone have any recommendations for either Chevy or Ford dealers w/in the metro or Norman areas?

Thanks!

Default Re: Recommend a car dealership?

I'll give you one NOT to use. David Stanley. I bought a vehicle there once and was lied to more than you can imagine. Plus, they canceled the contract without my permission and tried to write one with a longer term and higher interest rate. Liars and crooks are all they are.

3. Default Re: Recommend a car dealership?

Try Marc Heitz I bought my truck from them used, about 9 years ago and its been a great truck, its a 94 chev ext cab BTW. Was pleased with how they handled the deal, smooth and easy.
    Never Trust Anybody Until You Know Who They Are!!!

I picked up my company car from City Chevrolet but take it for service at Bob Howard Chevrolet. Can't really speak for the sales department there but the service dept is great.

In 30+ years, I've had exactly one vehicle that came from a dealership, back in 96.
    Mostly they were ok, but those folks are no longer out and about.

If I were to buy from a dealership today, I'd go to Bob Moore, whether the Moore name was front and center or somewhere in the background.

Mostly likely though, the next ride will come from a private transaction, just like most all cars I locate. Some old habits are as comfortable as they are successful

Joe Cooper Ford in Shawnee. A little outside the "metro area" but worth the drive. Ask for Ron.

If you're looking at Toyotas forget about shopping in Oklahoma. Toyotas here come thru the Gulf States distributor and what we found was that most in this area had needless add-ons such as $300 wood trim dash appliques, $400 paint sealant, $300 fabric protection, $300 auto dimming rearview mirrors, etc, etc.

Plus we found less availability of the more desirable models or options. After looking at Toyotas off & on over a 3 year period we finally gave up on Okc dealers. I shopped online and found the model we wanted in Missouri for a great price.

Also, something that sure didn't hurt my Wifes opinion of my car smarts was when we learned that our RAV4 wasn't included in the accelerator pedal recall b/c that only affects US and Canadian built RAV4s. Our car was built in Japan due to it being a special model which BTW wasn't available thru Gulf States dealers.

As far as chevrolets goes I've had good luck w\Knippelmier, I've also heard good news on heitz

I've gone to Reynolds in Norman, and was very, very happy with them. They have sent bday cards, xmas cards, etc. Called and asked how things were going. Coupons for oil changes, etc. I've been very happy with them.

I am going to second a recommedation for Reynolds. I bought my F150 from the Northwest Expessway store. The sales staff was amazing. I actually had fun shopping for my truck. I told the guy what I wanted he took me to the trucks that I liked not the ones they were needing to sale.

After the sale I got a Thank You card and three phone calls checking to see how things were going with the truck.

The service department is also great. I tell them what I want to have done. They do not keep pushing extra services when I tell them I want to wait until next time.

I also cast my vote for Reynold's Ford, I've bought three vehicles from the the Norman store in the past year and I'm very satisfied with the sales/service departments. I'm also somewhat biased toward Ford after the Government bailout fiasco.

Thanks to all of you for the info. It really helps to get others' opinions before making a substantial purchase.

Thread Information