Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central Avenue Villas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Deep Deuce Central Avenue Villas

address=444 N. Central Avenue (NE 4th/Central Ave.)
    architect=TAP Architecture
    other=30 residential condos

Information & Latest News

Links

Unit Ownership
    Gallery

2. Default Re: Central Avenue Villas

Pete, I would use this rendering -

I have some photos of it completed, but they're too large to upload in the gallery. I'll just put them in this thread..

Default Re: Central Avenue Villas

Just curious, does anyone on here live here or familar with this development? I've been playing around on zillow and I've noticed a few of their units are now below 200K. I've also heard this has been one of the slower selling developments and what has sold has largely been bought by investors. Anyone have any reviews of this place, it seems like a really nice building.

Several of their units originally sold under 200K to begin with.

5. Default Re: Central Avenue Villas

I went and looked at them right after they opened and was unimpressed with them. Just too plain for me and the layouts left a lot to be desired for what they cost

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I went and looked at them right after they opened and was unimpressed with them. Just too plain for me and the layouts left a lot to be desired for what they cost
    Agree - I ended up renting at 2nd St over CAV for that exact reason. Lots of potential - just poorly executed floor plans. 2nd St lofts has a much more open and airy feel compared to CAV - you just get the sense of a much larger actual living space for not too much more money.

I would guess they are very energy efficient as the exterior of the building is Build Block. I wasn't that impressed with the interiors either, but they don't really look any different or worse than any flats I've seen. I've always been of the belief that how good the interior looks is primarily up to the owner and all I ever saw was an empty apartment.

I own a unit in the Central Avenue Villas and love it. After much thought, I narrowed my decision to the 2nd Street Lofts and a house in midtown/uptown area. The reason I chose CAV was primarily the construction. All of my walls/floors are Build Block/concrete. Knowing that I would never bother a neighbor downstairs or worry about any noise is a HUGE plus for me. Secondly, I really like the Geo-thermal system. My energy bill (gas and electric) is $19 a week. I like that there are only 30 units. I like having a good idea of who is in the building. Although the floor plans aren't busting with "excitement", I agree with betts and like what I've been able to do to my home. Also, since I plan on staying for a while, I can update/change things as I go along. We have a great new HOA president and she along with everyone else has had great ideas for the place.

I also LOVE the tall doors, and the tall ceilings. I also love the colors/styles of the common areas and their cleanliness.

For cons: No one really knows about CAV. I talk to people in Deep Deuce that haven't heard about it and they live a block away. This hurts us more than anything as far as sales go.

Ahhh... But if you were to buy? I looked at the construction of these two projects. CAV is definitely a better built structure. Even the electrical systems are far superior to 2nd Street of any of the other projects I have seen thus far for sale. I guess it really depends on the length of time your going for and how long you expect the construction methods and finishes to last.

Meant to respond to this earlier. Thanks everyone for the comments.

Its good to hear about the energy efficient construction, but I have to admit, after looking at the floorplans in CAV, they do seem a bit uncreative. I am currently renting in a fantastic historic building in Midtown that has so much character. I'm spoiled in that department, so moving to a new building would be a step down no matter what.

In any event, it looks like the few listings for this place have disappeared off of Zillow and Realtor.com, and I didn't see any for sale signs out when I drove past the other night. To Jared, are these all sold now?

I guess the search continues.....

11. Default Re: Central Avenue Villas

Sieber, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Sieber, right?
    About two blocks off :-)

I actually live in Harvey Lofts. These are owner occupied, but I am currently renting. It is a great building for anyone looking to own in Midtown, I personally prefer a little more space though.

The Sieber is an amazing building. I would jump at the opportunity to live there even if it meant a delay in purchasing a place.

any more recent updates on this place? any other feedback/reviews?

It's been finished for years, what new information are you expecting? It's an owner occupied property, so turnover/sales are fairly low although you might try Zillow or a real estate site to find some reviews?

I was mostly just curious if anyone has ever lived, currently lives in, or knows anyone who did live there, and has any thoughts on the building and their experiences, that's all.

I'm pretty sure there is one for sale, although I don't really know much about the property other than it's a block away from me.

I see these pop up on craigslist for rent every so often. Right now one is on craigs as a furnished 750 sq ft. for $1500/month.

There was an Urban Neighbors member who owned a unit there, but I haven't seen her recently. I don't remember her being unhappy.

We're looking at a couple of different properties down there, thinking of downsizing for our daughter's elementary years and sending her to the downtown elementary, then moving back out to the NW side or something. The Hill and other townhome properties are unfortunately a little out of range.

Blog Entries

Garrett & Co put 3 units in this complex on the market. Units on 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors priced from 270s and up. These have been rentals prior to this time I believe.

Come be my neighbor!

(unless you're an a-hole)

Really wish there was more one bedroom for sale homes here or in the area. Is it going to kill a developer to create the OKC unicorn combo '1 bedroom and 1.5 bath' units?!

Blog Entries

We're pretty low on 3BR as well :-)

That I know of, downtown, there's Deep Deuce, Regency, and Edge that have them, and not in high numbers.

24. Default Re: Central Avenue Villas

3 BR units at old Sycamore Square...I can't remember the new name, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    3 BR units at old Sycamore Square...I can't remember the new name, sorry.
    The Haven.

And the Civic will have lots of 1-bedrooms.

Thread Information