Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Strip Mall next to Mathis Brothers Bed

Default New Strip Mall next to Mathis Brothers Bed

Saw a sign up showcasing new stores that will be built next to The Mathis Brothers Bed Store. This is the same area advertising a State Farm Agency that was hit during the tornado. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me..it looks like they are building a Subway in there.

How many sub shops can Moore handle?? Another Subway??

Default Re: New Strip Mall next to Mathis Brothers Bed

Subway was in the process of building another store at 19th and Santa Fe next to where Dollar General use to be but was destroyed before completion by the tornado. I was told by the contractor building That location that it was meant to help handle the school traffic during lunch as the owner felt the store by Burger King was too small for a large crowd and they were loosing out on business. After the tornado they said it would be a year before they decided to rebuild again or not but was given the impression it would be where the one was destroyed.

On to my own speculation maybe a offer was received for the property on Santa Fe that was too good to pass up so they had to look for a new location. Another Subway near the highway doesn't seem beneficial to me as you would be competing with each other and it would be further away from the students they were originally trying to get. I suppose if you made the new store significantly larger they could close the store next to Burger King but some students still wouldn't go out there as there is increased travel time of up to 10 minutes in an already short lunch time.

They have a sign up on the shop on the north corner that says Boba Cafe. Doesn't look like their open yet.

While it is further away from Southmoore it is closer to Moore. This is puzzling however since there is already a Subway on 4th and near toby keith.

I noticed the other day that it appears dirt work has started again on Santa Fe where they were previously building the Subway. Assessor shows this land is still owned by the same company name that owns the land where the Subway is located in Riverwalk. Size appears to be about the same as what the Subway under construction was before.

According to this thread http://www.okctalk.com/moore/38591-new-braums.html it is supposed to be a Braum's. Not sure if that information is or ever was accurate.

I think that is suppose to be on the site where Dollar General was just to the South of this. It could be the Braums but it is a small site if it is going to be a full size Braums.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    I think that is suppose to be on the site where Dollar General was just to the South of this. It could be the Braums but it is a small site if it is going to be a full size Braums.
    http://www.cityofmoore.com/sites/def...ouncil.min.pdf

See Agenda Item 11. Based on that, it seems the Braums is going where the Dollar General was. Not sure what is going in where the subway was being built. Maybe they have decided to rebuild it?

The shell definitely looks like a Braums. Good news for us west siders who are Braums milk fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    The shell definitely looks like a Braums. Good news for us west siders who are Braums milk fans.
    I didnt see a DT window on the building that is currently under construction. It looks like its going to be an office of some type based on entrance and back exit doors; but that was just what I noticed during a quick drive by.

Cleveland County Assessor Map.jpg

The Braums property is the two lots south of that building - the rectangle and backwards L shaped lots. They are the two Lots owned by "Retail Buildings Inc" and the ones described in the City Council approval link above.

I drove by the Santa Fe and 19th site and it appears to me the building being erected is a strip mall with 4 lease spaces with the four equal sizes openings that are facing the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    I drove by the Santa Fe and 19th site and it appears to me the building being erected is a strip mall with 4 lease spaces with the four equal sizes openings that are facing the South.
    Thanks Robert! Seems like an awkward placement for a retail strip, as its not facing the street, so I'm thinking it might end up being office tenants?

It could be probable.

There was no signs out that I saw with any indications that's just the appearance it had. Looked like the one just to the south of 7-11 that has the dry cleaner, barber shop, tax preparing office, and the donut shop though there is not space for a drive-thru nor would there by much space for a stock room so uses would be limited.

Is this what appears to be the two-story building? Seems like a strip mall wouldn't be multi-story?

Not 100% sure which spot you are talking about. The original strip mall referenced in this topic is just North of Mathis Brothers and just South of Tinker Credit Union. This is 1 story and has a sign up for a tea store on the North end.

There is a multi-story steel building being built to the North of Tinker and South of the Post Office. This is the replacement of the First American Tiltle company which I believe will have a basement and Two stories.

The other strip mall we have been talking about is there on 19th and Santa Fe to the North of Walgreens and is 1 story as well.

Okay, thanks.

It would help if the posters of the Moore forum posted some better location info, for those of us less familiar. Instead of "New building over by Old man Lee's tire shop" type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Okay, thanks.

It would help if the posters of the Moore forum posted some better location info, for those of us less familiar. Instead of "New building over by Old man Lee's tire shop" type stuff.
    Old man Lee's tire shop is next to Old Man Jenkins's Catheter supply and that is near Bob's Family Diner. They are done buildin' a great little suburban strip with Kathy's pizza, Sunnie's Tanning Salon, and the good ol' boys of the Kramer Ranch have gon and and opened a church in the spot as well. This town is a growing I tell yas. Glad they're keeping the roads wide and parking supply plentiful... allows me to drive my tractor and such because THAT'S HOW A MAN DOES IT!

Thread Information