Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Development in front of new Crest?

Default Development in front of new Crest?

Anyone heard any rumors, or better yet, know any facts, about why the surveyors and core drillers [taking soil samples] were working on the undeveloped parcels in front [directly on S. May] of the new Crest at S. May & S.W. 104th?

We're wondering if the "out parcels" are going to be developed soon...and what is going to go there.

Any info would be appreciated.

Default Re: Development in front of new Crest?

Seems like I read somewhere that one of those pads was going to be a Chili's.

Thank you for the info. Lots of folks will be happy about that.

Too bad it isn't a Cheddars, but we can't always get what we want.

Any chance someone can get some confirmation on this? I'd love a Cheddar's, but a Chili's within walking distance (literally) would be more than welcome....

Only been to Cheddars one time (recently) and was very impressed. had enough food left over to make 3 more meals out of it!

Dude, a Chili's there would be awesome. Sure I'd be the same distance from that one, as I would the Santa Fe one, but it's easier to drive down May, than to hop on the highway.

7. Default Re: Development in front of new Crest?

Isn't Cheddar's owned by Captain D's? lol

I have given the Midwest City Cheddar's several chances to win my regular business. Every time we went there the food and service was just lousy to say the least. We have been meaning to try the Norman Cheddar's to see if it was any better. We just don't make it to Norman that much these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Only been to Cheddars one time (recently) and was very impressed. had enough food left over to make 3 more meals out of it!
    So were we. Actually, my family discovered Cheddars in Macon, Georgia during vacation last year, and we were absolutely knocked out because it was such a nice, comfortable, family atmosphere, very nice staff, and a nice variety of food (served quickly and piping hot) for a *more* than reasonable price. I didn't think places like that existed, then I found out one was in Norman, and we've now visited there a few times, too, tho not as much as we would were one closer to home

oneforone: Only recently discovered it & have only been there once but the place was absolutely packed. Service was sluggish but food was hot, generous & tasty. I will definitely give them a try again when I am back in the area and try a different time of day when they aren't quite as busy.

Any new information, confirmation, or refutation on this? Any other development rumors at this location?

Realize this is a bit of an ancient thread, but thought I'd toss this in here....

Amid the rumors that a Chili's might be going in on this corner was also the thought (hope?) that a Cheddars would also be a good fit. Alas, after visiting Cheddars in Norman this Sunday and speaking to one of the managers there, he advised me that Cheddars is opening no more restaurants in Oklahoma for "the foreseeable future." Very disappointing to hear...in spite of what was the first really negative experience I've had there this past Sunday....

I still see survey stakes on the outparcel closer to the Crest driveway that opens to May Avenue, and supposedly McDonald's is going in across the street, so surely that corner outparcel there at SW 104th and May won't be staying empty for long...

I, for one, would love to see INTERURBAN come back to the area. They had a *very* nice restaurant in the old Don Pablo's location east of Penn along the north I-240 service road, open for a year or two, then it was closed for a Poblano Grill that was open for maybe six months. Don't know what everyone else thought about Interurban there, but our family loved it. Would love to see it return. Unfornately, another Asian-style buffet is going into the old building they previously occupied

In today's paper, there is a building permit for a restaurant to be located at 10609 S. May Ave. That would be one of the out parcels in front of the Crest store.

The permit application is from Massey-Mann and Associates, which is a firm out of Edmond & Tulsa. The dollar amount is $850K, which doesn't seem like much for a "big" restaurant, but then I don't know how much it costs to erect a restaurant.

Anyone heard anything about what type of restaurant is going in the location? Wonder if it's the Chili's referred to above or the McDonald's that was mentioned in another thread on here.

10609 S. MAY AVE -- MCDONALD'S

10615 S. MAY AVE -- BRIDGESTONE

So we have a McDonald's and a Bridgestone coming into the vacant pad lots in front of Crest.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    10609 S. MAY AVE -- MCDONALD'S

10615 S. MAY AVE -- BRIDGESTONE

So we have a McDonald's and a Bridgestone coming into the vacant pad lots in front of Crest.
    Well isn't that just a monument to dual-purpose suckdom. Really thought we stood a chance to get *one* nicer restaurant on that corner, and we're gonna end up with a freakin' lube joint.

Crud.

Can get your car lubed and your insides lubed at McDonald's! Two grease store on the same corner, just different grease!

Can get your car lubed and your insides lubed at McDonald's! Two grease store on the same corner, just different grease!
    Knowing Mcdonald's, if the economics make sense, it could be the same grease.

LOL "Gimme an oil change..." "Would you like fries with that?"

Man, have to laugh. Just too disappointing otherwise. Mind you, wasn't expecting some ridiculously upscale place, but some kind of nice family sit-down restaurant, particularly with some new offerings going in a mile east in Chatenay. Blown opportunity IMHO.

It appears that the McDonald's and Bridgestone will both be located on the same parcel...the south parcel. The north parcel should still be vacant.

Then my initial suspicions were right all along - that red region had been surveyed and staked out at least a couple of months ago, which usually suggests a survey for change of ownership. The rumors here that said the McD's was going on the *east* side of May were either wrong, or plans changed.

There's a Firestone tire center down at (appx) 116th and S. Western...strange to me they'd put another one so close. Dang it.

Maybe Bridgestone is opening up a restaurant subdivision we just don't know about yet?? (insert whimper as the fleeting hopes of desperation fly out the window)....

I'm actually not too upset about the McDonald's as it is directly on my way to and from work, and when I work night I usually get off pretty late (1-2am) and McDonald's is about the only fast thing that sounds good for dinner. So that's a bonus for me, although I wish it was being put on the east side and leave the two Crest parcels open for some better development.

I am glad to see the southside getting some more construction, although most of it is not the "good" development this forum wishes for (me included). Qdoba, Homeland gas station, IBC Bank, Crest, OnCue Express (under construction), Jack In The Box, McDonald's and Bridgestone. So, I'm glad to see some new things around where I live.

Where is the jack in the box at?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastboii View Post
    Where is the jack in the box at?
    It's way up on 74th and I-240, on the north side of the overpass. Its essentially the parking lot of the old Skaggs.

I'm actually not too upset about the McDonald's as it is directly on my way to and from work, and when I work night I usually get off pretty late (1-2am) and McDonald's is about the only fast thing that sounds good for dinner. So that's a bonus for me, although I wish it was being put on the east side and leave the two Crest parcels open for some better development.

I am glad to see the southside getting some more construction, although most of it is not the "good" development this forum wishes for (me included). Qdoba, Homeland gas station, IBC Bank, Crest, OnCue Express (under construction), Jack In The Box, McDonald's and Bridgestone. So, I'm glad to see some new things around where I live.
    Oh, don't misunderstand, a close MickeyD's isn't inherently a bad thing, but I had heard rumblings at one point of maybe a Chili's going in, or a family restaurant of that caliber possibly being interested. Heck, I was wildly optimistic that a place like Interurban might have found that corner attractive. Alas. The OnCue is nice up there at 89th, and we've visited QDoba a few times too And I'm sure there's more on the way.

Now, that said, I can't promise I'm excited about the Firestone, however. Didn't expect that at all.

Well there is still the north outparcel, which I hope will not become a gas station. Depending on the restaurant concept, you might be able to fit two restaurants on the north parcel, with shared parking. Hopefully a sit-down restaurant will set up shop there. I wish we had a Cafe7 on this side of town!

Thread Information