Widgets Magazine

Thread: Aspen closing?

Default Aspen closing?

I heard Aspen was going out of business and closing. Has anyone heard this? The Edmond location seams busy but maybe other locals are pulling them down.

2. Default Re: Aspen closing?

Aspen is a chain with a few other locations in other metros and states. I've been to the one at Penn Square and it was always very crowded. It's alright for a pay gym, but the Huff at OU is way better.

Default Re: Aspen closing?

I can't imagine Aspen closing. Its always packed, it doesn't matter what time of day you drive by the Edmond location.

4. Default Re: Aspen closing?

Northwest OKC is always packed too. And the desks signing up new memberships are usually doing pretty well too. The Penn Square location was not doing well for a while and was bought by the manager and has been privately owned for over a year. Aspen still lets them use the name. If another location is "closing" maybe they're going to some arrangement like that?

where did you hear they were going out of business and closing?

i've been a member for over 3 years at the edmond location and it's always busy.

I can't imagine a gym closing right after the new year - its their best time!

the current owners of the gym in Aspen don't care much for the customers and will not go out of the way for them whatsoever. I hope it doesn't close because I am a member there, but it wouldn't surprise me.
    I know the one in Tulsa closed the last few months.

I heard Gold's Gym bought all of the Aspen Athletic Clubs in OKC and they will all turn to Gold's soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by janejane View Post
    I heard Gold's Gym bought all of the Aspen Athletic Clubs in OKC and they will all turn to Gold's soon enough
    where did you hear that?

Gold's is awesome.

March 1 it will turn into a Gold's Gym

12. Default Re: Aspen closing?

I heard they are closing the Edmond Apsen its costing them more to rent and run it then they are bringing in.

Also I heard they are building a gold on memorial.

Wow...Gold's Gym...haven't heard that name since the old one on the side of Sam's at Memorial & Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    I heard they are closing the Edmond Apsen its costing them more to rent and run it then they are bringing in.

Also I heard they are building a gold on memorial.
    I was @ the Edmond Aspen last night and heard more talk about it transforming into a Gold's - besides our gym needs some updated workout equipment

15. Default Re: Aspen closing?

Gold's is opening two OKC locations. One on Memorial in the old Sportsmans Warehouse and one on NW Expressway in the old Circuit City. That's been in the news, on Gold's web site and signs are up on the buildings. Haven't seen a thing except on here about Aspen changing names.

Tonight I was told that Golds takes over Edmond Aspen on March 1st. I also heard they are going to try to get all members to pay 29/mo. Too bad for me since I've got a sweet yearly rate after finishing up a 3 yr contract.

last night they put up a banner with gold's gym on it over the outdoor building aspen signage and all the employees were wearing gold's t-shirts. i got an email saying gold's had bought aspen edmond and were going to make hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of improvements to the facility. no mention of dues going up/down/stay the same, etc... i'm sure more of that info will surface shortly.

Thread Information