Widgets Magazine

Thread: Is the miniature golf course Putt A Round closed?

Default Is the miniature golf course Putt A Round closed?

The subject says it all, really.

2. Default Re: Is the miniature golf course Putt A Round closed?

Where?

Default Re: Is the miniature golf course Putt A Round closed?

We're talking about the one on Bryant, right? I'll be by there either this afternoon or tomorrow. I'll try to see if I can tell from the street. I know it was for sale last year, but it was still open while for sale.

Yes; it's right behind Lowe's, sort of hidden away off the street (thanks to a slightly longer driveway and lots of foliage). As far as I know, it's the only miniature golf course privy to much of Oklahoma City, and certainly the most realistic. Thanks!

Literally just came from there. We went up to Edmond, where i used to live, for an evening of fun. Pita Pit-closed. Quizno's on 2nd-closed. Putt a Round-closed. Edmond you have FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME.

Yes, I too was on a visit to Edmond for entertainment (instead of Bricktown) not too long ago when I noticed the place was closed---I did not know whether temporarily or not, so I came here.

We had a near-miss with the sidewalk-rolling machine, and between that and our general distaste for IHOP, Denny's, and The Wolftrap, we ended up going to Bricktown anyway, golf-less but not fun-less.

Thanks for the confirmation!

7. Default Re: Is the miniature golf course Putt A Round closed?

You can go to Celebration Station to play golf.

Yes, with at least three disadvantages compared to Putt A Round:

1. Unlimited golf could be had for a cover of eight dollars (which recently had gone up from $7). Play at Celebration Station is per round only, for IIRC, a similar price. I forget exactly, so if someone could please advise, I'd thank you.

2. Putt A Round was amusing with its obstacles, but they weren't unrealistic, windmill-esque diversions; a golfer could go there and genuinely have a good time as far as both disciplines go. Celebration Station is riddled with Western-themed obstacles. Also, they give you fake rubbery putters, where Putt A Round had real ones---and you could bring your own putter and not be strange (I saw many people bring putters). The water was also in play, which was amusing while being in the spirit of golf.

3. It was simply closer to a lot of people, where Celebration Station is a bit of a drive.

9. Default Re: Is the miniature golf course Putt A Round closed?

It is because of your choice of residence. Celebration Station is basically at a central location.

What I did with mom the last time we went out there to play, we only paid one time for both of us. There are 3 different courses out there. For the last hole per course, I would always be at the hole ready to grab the ball after mom putt it in, same for mine, then we move onto the next course. They don't monitor people.

You may not like their courses, but it is still a fun time.

I suppose. My question was answered, so---thanks!

Thread Information