Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lost

Default Lost

So who is going to be sad to see this show go? I know I will. I followed it from season 1 episode 1 to now. It is one of the most clever shows ever created and if you haven't been following it, I really suggest you rent all the seasons and watch them.

Default Re: Lost

It lost me by, the 3rd episode...
    I guess real life got in the way...lol

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    So who is going to be sad to see this show go? I know I will. I followed it from season 1 episode 1 to now. It is one of the most clever shows ever created and if you haven't been following it, I really suggest you rent all the seasons and watch them.
    Yep, been a fan since season 1, episode 1, scene 1. I'll actually be relieved to see the end. It's jumped the shark a couple of times, but always managed to pull me back in.

In 6 months, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see "COMING CHRISTMAS 2012: LOST, THE MOVIE!"

It's sad to me. I've loved this show and have a lot of good memories of my life during this six years. There's a chance I'll be changing jobs this year. I started watching LOST when I got my present job and now looks like I may be moving on in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Yep, been a fan since season 1, episode 1, scene 1. I'll actually be relieved to see the end. It's jumped the shark a couple of times, but always managed to pull me back in.

In 6 months, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see "COMING CHRISTMAS 2012: LOST, THE MOVIE!"
    Oh good grief...I hope not, its like how they "ruin" the Brady Bunch, or the Twilight Zone Movies..

Will be sad to see it go...One of a kind and one of the best written shows ever...by ever I mean since I started watching tv shows 20 yrs ago

7. Default Re: Lost

The way the characters in the back stories, side stories, and future stories all intermingle with the twists and turns of moving the plot forward is what I loved. I hated missing a single episode.

Ok,
    I am sitting here watching the Finale of Lost...
    I think I'm a sold fan! lol

The acting really was top notch! There will never be another show like it... ever.

I'm still confused. They never really answered any questions they promised to all year about the weird stuff, like the black light map on the shield door in the station, what the numbers ever really meant. Was the island really just a rest stop on the way to heaven and since Ben wasn't on the plane how did he get into their heaven and how did Lopedias and all those other characters make it to the island? What about all the sideways, future, & whatever storylines? I hope they have a book or something that they'll release with all the answers in it. It could cost a hundred bucks and I'd still buy it and I know that they know that. At least we don't have to wait til December for Season 6 to come out on DVD/Blu-Ray (August 24th)!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I'm still confused. They never really answered any questions they promised to all year about the weird stuff, like the black light map on the shield door in the station, what the numbers ever really meant. Was the island really just a rest stop on the way to heaven and since Ben wasn't on the plane how did he get into their heaven and how did Lopedias and all those other characters make it to the island? What about all the sideways, future, & whatever storylines? I hope they have a book or something that they'll release with all the answers in it. It could cost a hundred bucks and I'd still buy it and I know that they know that. At least we don't have to wait til December for Season 6 to come out on DVD/Blu-Ray (August 24th)!
    They will never tell you everything because truthfully I don't even think they know. You could always just use your imagination because thats what the writers did.

Apparently, the island itself was real and the sideways universe was the rest stop to heaven, but there's some debate in that.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    They will never tell you everything because truthfully I don't even think they know. You could always just use your imagination because thats what the writers did.

Apparently, the island itself was real and the sideways universe was the rest stop to heaven, but there's some debate in that.
    That's my take too. Sort of a combination Purgatory (from Catholicism) and Bardo (from Buddhism). Ben didn't come into the church because he still needed more redemption. "Ben, if it means anything, I forgive you." "Thank you John. That means more to me than you'll ever know."

I'm very satisfied with the final episode.

Don't get me wrong, I am too. I still have yet to buy Season 5. I just don't want to shell out $64.95 for something like that, but I know I'll have to because I will not buy anything less than Blu-Ray, especially for a show like this. I can see myself watching all of the seasons in a row. When I first got into LOST it was Season 2. I bought Season 1 on DVD and knocked it out on a FRI-SUN slot. Forget going out, forget doing chores--that weekend was a LOST weekend. That's how it will be here soon when I buy Seasons 5 & 6.

14. Default Re: Lost

Amazon.com: Lost: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]: Naveen…

I read somewhere the creators won't divulge any more info about the series.

Spoilers!!

I like the fact that they left everything open to interpretation. How I took it was like this... in the end, only a handful of people made it off the island alive (on the airplane). Everyone else died. Then some time later, maybe years and years later, the survivors also died as all people must eventually die. Once they were all dead they were reunited in the "purgatory" like place where they stayed until they were finally ready to accept where they were. So the flash-sideways we kept seeing all season long were really sometime in the distant future, not in an alternate reality but in a "heaven" sort of place. In the end Jack Sheperd's father, Christian Shepherd, sort of leads them to the promised land.

The show has always been one about metaphysics/religion/philosophy. In the end, I have to wonder if the message wasn't that it isn't about the end and what the answers are but that it is the journey that is important. And if you're trying to make a commentary about the meaning of life, perhaps there isn't a better one to make.

There was a tranquilizer gun used....heaven?

Thread Information