Widgets Magazine

Thread: Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Default Trans-Siberian Orchestra

So is anyone going today/tonight? I'll be attending the 7:30 show. This will be my third year in a row going, and am very excited about it. Should be an amazing show as always!

Default Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Not sure why my post got deleted.

TSO was painful to endure. Wretched performance.

wretched performance? you must be kidding

4. Default Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Didn't Steven Tyler bail on this?

Was it a wretched performance of good material, or a good performance of wretched material?

(Or, even worse, was it a wretched performance of wretched material?)

The instrumental and light aspects of the show were excellent. On the other hand, the narrative parts and "singing" were painful and embarrassing.

It was like wannabe glam-rock.

while i respect your opinion, i very much disagree.

had you ever been before?

8. Default Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Didn't get to go this year. A couple close friends went, they haven't missed it the last few years, and they left early. After the Christmas stuff, they said the quality turned way south and thoroughly disliked what they were hearing. Sounds like they weren't alone in this.

9. Default Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I heard the fireworks set off the fire alarm at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Didn't get to go this year. A couple close friends went, they haven't missed it the last few years, and they left early. After the Christmas stuff, they said the quality turned way south and thoroughly disliked what they were hearing. Sounds like they weren't alone in this.
    Saw them last year. It was OK, but not worth paying to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post

im def going to disagree with that. it did not turn south i dont know what they were hearing. their non christmas stuff was great. some really good guitar solos.

We've been the last several years....kind of a new Christmas tradition. But this will be my last trip. I love TSO's music.......on cd. They are one of those bands that don't come across well live. Plus my main complaint is they have not changed the show up at all for the last few years. If you are going to play here every year.....please change up the show some. At least the lights are slightly different each year...I have to admit that. But the same songs (with the exception of 2 new songs from their new album) But the choreography is identical.

Plus you have to remember that Sunday nights show was their eighth performance in five days......thats gotta take a toll.

Thread Information