Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bomb disposal?

1. Default Bomb disposal?

Does anyone know where the OCPS detonates their potential bomb items? There was a story this afternoon about a package found that they would dispose of later. Now this evening, i've heard two seperate large BOOMS near my house, several hours apart. I thought I remembered hearing that there is a shooting range for the OCPD near 240 and Air Depot, which is not far from here....and would correspond to the general direction of the sound.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Bomb disposal?

I was thinking there was one somewhere on the land bounded by the Oklahoma river & SE 8th and Eastern & Grand, not sure though

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Does anyone know where the OCPS detonates their potential bomb items? There was a story this afternoon about a package found that they would dispose of later. Now this evening, i've heard two seperate large BOOMS near my house, several hours apart. I thought I remembered hearing that there is a shooting range for the OCPD near 240 and Air Depot, which is not far from here....and would correspond to the general direction of the sound.

Thoughts?
    Yep, that's it. Bomb Squad does their stuff in that vicinity. The shooting range for regular training is near NE 36th & Sooner.

The riring range at NE 36th and Air Depot is not used by OCPD. It is OCSO's range and they and many of the smaller depts use it. OCPD range is in the area bombermwc mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    The riring range at NE 36th and Air Depot is not used by OCPD. It is OCSO's range and they and many of the smaller depts use it. OCPD range is in the area bombermwc mentioned.
    I've seen OCPD use it as well though... maybe when they have a lot going on?

Thoughts?
    The gun range south of 240 on Air Depot is the OCPD range and where they would, most likely, dispose of explosives. When we lived in your neighborhood we were always hearing automatic weapons fire coming from there. The OCSO gun range on NE 36th is is also used for explosive disposal when the OCSO bomb disposal unit is used. I think it's usually when one of the smaller communities in the county(MWC, Edmond, etc.) need their services. I know the smaller communities use the driving course there.

Thoughts?
    Depends on the size of the device. The OCPD range you're describing can be used if the device isn't too large. It's possible the sound you're hearing isn't actually the device "detonating" - it's more likely the sound of the disruptor (water cannon) firing into the suspected device to render it safe.

Thread Information