Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sorry we're closed?

Todd Guest

Default Sorry we're closed?

Hello OKC Talkers,
    <O</O<O
    The site was taken off-line several hours Sunday for maintenance, database backup and testing of some custom code I am hoping to apply to the site in the coming weeks. My inbox as you can imagine was flooded with dozens of emails.
    <O</O<O
    I contracted out the work and should have been more specific in my expectations and guidelines for shutting the site down. After logging in to make the usual checks early this morning (Monday) I quickly discovered not only was the site STILL down but the board closure message was not exactly clear. Sorry we're closed would not have been my message of choice.

<O</OAt any rate, the site is fully restored and functional

2. Default Re: Sorry we're closed?

What exactly did you change? Except for the really cool new admin user tags...

Default Re: Sorry we're closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    You had me scared, Todd.

whew, I thought it was something I had said! Since you know it is ALL about me! Nice to see the site back up.

4. Default Re: Sorry we're closed?

GOOD DEAL! I was a little concerned when I saw it yesterday...I thought perhaps everyone threw in the towel and called it quits.

I was sad.

Thanks for getting us back online, Todd! Look forward to seeing the new changes.
    "The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them but to be indifferent to them: that’s the essence of inhumanity." -George Bernard Shaw

Todd Guest

One of the changes you may have noticed is you can now spell check your post. It still has a few bugs but I am working on figuring those out.

6. Default Re: Sorry we're closed?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy View Post
    I was sad.
    You need to check your emotions at the door missy! You might go off the handle. So calm down!

:boff:

7. Default Re: Sorry we're closed?

Oh...and BTW...thanks for the explanation Todd. I figured it was maintenance, but also thought the site might've been hacked.

I got scared too.

9. Default Re: Sorry we're closed?

Any forum that owns its own server does frequent back-ups to protect against that. If Okc Talk had really been hacked, instead of that stylish away message (yet misleading as it was) you would have seen something like "Hacked by KoL" "Muahahahahah!!!" and whatnot.

Trust me, I know.

It had been awhile since I checked in, and I had a bunch of questions/comments to post about a trip to Tulsa I'd just returned from, but then I saw the message on the site and thought you'd packed it in. I'm very pleased to find that I was wrong, and after my disappointment last night, I have a renewed commitment to politeness and civility, lest pointless bickering drive the Admins mad.

P.S. Please feel free to remind me of those words should it become neccesary

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redcup View Post
    whew, I thought it was something I had said! Since you know it is ALL about me! Nice to see the site back up.
    LOL. I thought it was something I said. It scared me, also. I was relieved to see it back up.

MadMonk Guest

I figured it was something along those lines. Odd message though. You need to give your contractors a good smack on the back of the head for that one. Or maybe one of these:

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I figured it was something along those lines. Odd message though. You need to give your contractors a good smack on the back of the head for that one. Or maybe one of these:

LOL. I agree.

Thread Information