Widgets Magazine

Thread: Basic Resources forum

Default Basic Resources forum

Pete, is there any way that we could get a very basic "Resources" forum. Specifically right now I'm thinking of a forum that houses some of the larger maps you have posted for quick reference.

Example: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deepdeuce5.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	3807

I constantly want to reference this map, but I have to dig through various threads to find it. It would be great if I could just go to the resources forum, look up Deep Deuce and find the "Deep Deuce Room Count Map".

And if somehow there were a way to download these files, I'm sure several people would love to help you keep them up to date on the forum.

Anyway, just a thought. Thanks for everything you do with this forum, Pete!

Default Re: Basic Resources forum

Thanks for the feedback.

I constantly struggle with how to better present information and keep it organized -- so much to keep track of.

Let me think about this some more, because I agree lots of good stuff gets buried and becomes quite hard to find.

3. Default Re: Basic Resources forum

Well we could just get back to trying to put together the Wiki, which would have had a project index

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well we could just get back to trying to put together the Wiki, which would have had a project index
    I'm still working on this, along with trying to maintain the project map.

I suspect the way to handle the map above is to have an article for each district, then keep these things there.

I already need to update that DD graphic with about five new projects!!

Just a thought:

I don't know if sub-forums are possible with the relatively new wiki feature, but if they are and there was a sub-forum for all of the major districts (CBD, DD, MT, AA, etc) then various resources could be stickied at the top of the sub-forum.

if you could pull it off, it'd probably be easier to use the google maps api to draw an overlay rather than have to maintain a bunch of jpg's. -M

7. Default Re: Basic Resources forum

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Just a thought:

I don't know if sub-forums are possible with the relatively new wiki feature, but if they are and there was a sub-forum for all of the major districts (CBD, DD, MT, AA, etc) then various resources could be stickied at the top of the sub-forum.
    Well, that's the format I would champion..esp based on how well it worked with my own past precedent.

Thread Information