Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OnCue Coming to Yukon

Default OnCue Coming to Yukon

New OnCue going to the OKC planning commission this week. SE corner of NW10th & Cornwell in Yukon.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: OnCue Coming to Yukon

Does any other OnCue have a drive thru? This is out of my way but I like, may have to create a new way home.

The one in Norman at Flood and Techumseh has a drive through. I think it is for limited items though I don't have any personal experience.

The OnCue by the NE corner of TAFB has a drive-through.

I think Most have a drive through.. the one on expressway has one. the one on 39th and rockwell has one. not sure of other locations. its a nice feature for grabbing coffee in the morning

I was confused by this reading the first post, but this is right there off of Czech Hall, I guess they are going to build around the tanks or whatever those are that are there? It's interesting to see OKC continuing to get the business over there next to Yukon, and pull tax dollars for the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I was confused by this reading the first post, but this is right there off of Czech Hall, I guess they are going to build around the tanks or whatever those are that are there? It's interesting to see OKC continuing to get the business over there next to Yukon, and pull tax dollars for the City.
    I was confused too thinking they just put the wrong side but looking at the map it is SE. There are 2 Oil Tank sites in that location. I don't know what the plan is with that.

Looks like they are just going to build around it according to what I interupt from the plans.

Default OnCue Coming to Yukon

Yeah, that where the name of the road changes names. You go north from 10th it is Cornwell, you go south it is Czech Hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    New OnCue going to the OKC planning commission this week. SE corner of NW10th & Cornwell in Yukon.
    Any update on this?

I live less than a mile from here. I have seen zero work being done on it.

If the OKC planning commission is overseeing it, it's not in Yukon.

Yeah it's not in Yukon, but most likely a Yukon address, which for some people means it's in Yukon.

NW10th is the dividing line. South of NW 10th is OKC and North of it is Yukon. It's on the SE corner of NW 10th. It'll probably have a Yukon address but it's really OKC(just like me. I live just south of NW10th and Mustang rd. My water and trash are OKC but my address is listed as Yukon)

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    NW10th is the dividing line. South of NW 10th is OKC and North of it is Yukon. It's on the SE corner of NW 10th. It'll probably have a Yukon address but it's really OKC(just like me. I live just south of NW10th and Mustang rd. My water and trash are OKC but my address is listed as Yukon)
    And when someone asks where you live what do you tell them?

I bet that the population in general assumes a mailing address is where something is located. It is not a big jump at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I bet that the population in general assumes a mailing address is where something is located. It is not a big jump at all.
    That's kind of my point. Most people in that area say either they are from Mustang or Yukon. What really bugs me are people like friends of mine that live at Czech hall and 15th and have a Yukon address, OKC city limits and Mustang schools, and when asked they say they live in Mustang simply because that is the school their kids go to and there is such a rivalry between Mustang/Yukon. I've been in the area about 15 years and although I now live on the East side of Mustang, I actually have an OKC address and limits, so it's easier to explain. But once you get past pretty much County Line, one mile west of me, everyone considers themselves Mustang or Yukon even though most are OKC. I've always thought this was kind of odd. My grandparents live West of Mustang almost to Richland road, and although everyone on that side tends to have Mustang addresses they are OKC limits. Actually for what it's worth everyone in my family has a Mustang address but only my parents are truly within the Mustang city limits. All of them say they live in Mustang and although I'm only 6 miles down the road, act like I live in a different part of the city simply because I have an OKC address. There is quite the stigma with living OKC I've noticed over the years. I myself didn't know that the area between Mustang Yukon was OKC until I was a freshman in school. Growing up I was led to believe living in OKC meant you would get knifed immediately so I think that's why so many people prefer to say they live in Mustang or Yukon. For the longest time it was hard to understand OKC had any suburban neighborhoods. I was also someone who who thought the area West of Moore was just that, West Moore and not South OKC. Still today when I tell people I live on the Southwest side of the airport people have a hard time believing that's OKC. I normally get that's Mustang right? No, Newcastle? No, Moore? Close Moore schools, but OKC. FWIW my grandma still tells people I live in Moore because telling people I live in Southwest OKC sounds like I live in the hood.

Sorry for getting off topic somewhat, just always thought it was an interesting perspective.

And when someone asks where you live what do you tell them?
    You just say none of yer bizness pilgrim.

I live at S.W. 15th and Mustang Rd and I have a Yukon address so I just say I live in Yukon (yes I know it is 2 miles to the north but saves explanation)

Here are the detailed plans:

Forgive me if this is evident and I'm missing it, but is this location slated to include a drive-thru?

Quote Originally Posted by erasmusred View Post
    Forgive me if this is evident and I'm missing it, but is this location slated to include a drive-thru?
    Looks like there is a drive-thru lane along the back (south side) of the building.

Someone let them know there is a huge need for E85 in this area!! I've tried contacting them before to no avail.

Why would anyone choose to put ethanol in their vehicle. All it does it dilute the gas and decrease power and fuel mileage. I always fill up with 100% gas unless it's just not feasible.

Why would anyone choose to put ethanol in their vehicle. All it does it dilute the gas and decrease power and fuel mileage. I always fill up with 100% gas unless it's just not feasible.
    E85 burns slower so you can run much higher compression (boost). Equivalent to 105 octane at half the cost of race gas. Plus it's safer and cheaper than the old school trick of pouring in 3-4 gallons of xylene into a tank of gas.

Thread Information